Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

No one wears masks here.  I wear one to court or if I'm in a building with a significant number of people, but not in my own office.  I just keep clients on the other side of the desk and social distance.  Which is probably dumb, but it's really easy to fall into that, especially when your office is in a town with just like 30 active, known cases.

But yeah, I live in the south, so most people think the whole thing is made up anyway.  I was in court Monday and there were 35 people in the room.  I was one of three wearing masks.

Oh man, sorry to read this. Even if you wear a mask, youre mostly protecting them from yourself. In this case- the ignorant ones get all the f****** benefits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Damn, Gov Abott officially closes bars and limits restaurants to 50% capacity. That took some balls given he's going against the grain. May cost him his spot as governor. Still, about f****** time!

he should have done this weeks ago.  its expected to have a spike in texas after the 4th of july weekend.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Oh man, sorry to read this. Even if you wear a mask, youre mostly protecting them from yourself. In this case- the ignorant ones get all the f****** benefits.

Yeah.  It's really annoying, especially when that's a group of educated people who ought to know better and who definitely can afford spending 5 to 10 bucks on a damn mask.

My wife is very angry, since we were supposed to visit her grandmother today for her birthday.  But obviously, if we were exposed, we can't be around 87 year olds.

Id make snide comments about Florida and Texas, but Eastern Washington is an absolute disaster right now. Yakima and Spokane wheezing 'itholes right now. Governor Inslee's mask requirement went into effect, and he had to go to Spokane to explain nicely to the cowfolk why masks are important. Protesting neo-luddites mooing about muh freedoms, as their city burns. The whole "Dont be a sheep" dribble IRONICALLY from a Sheriff is also from some podunk area of Washington. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Damn, Gov Abott officially closes bars and limits restaurants to 50% capacity. That took some balls given he's going against the grain. May cost him his spot as governor. Still, about f****** time!

Did he wink after he said it. 

Yes we are closing all bars and limiting all restaurants to 50% capacity. This is now a requirement.........Wink. 

27 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Doesn't matter when the AG won't prosecute.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seriously27 said:

What do you think would have happened to those numbers had we not shut down or put in place the social distancing measures?  

I think we would have had the same ratio as we do now but obviously higher numbers. 

Regardless of how you feel, the government had wasted millions of dollars, case being the Pop up hospitals that were set up that never saw any patients. The ships that were brought in that were barely used. yes it is good to be prepared, but when the plan doesn’t even come close to being utilized people are going to question things. 

and I agree with the social distancing and wearing of masks. I don’t agree with closing everything down 

Just now, johndeere1707 said:

I think we would have had the same ratio as we do now but obviously higher numbers. 

Regardless of how you feel, the government had wasted millions of dollars, case being the Pop up hospitals that were set up that never saw any patients. The ships that were brought in that were barely used. yes it is good to be prepared, but when the plan doesn’t even come close to being utilized people are going to question things. 

and I agree with the social distancing and wearing of masks. I don’t agree with closing everything down 

Then you just don't understand. Pretty simple.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seriously27 said:

People literally think this whole thing is a joke because they don't feel like they are at risk of dying while completely ignoring the fact that any a-hole can spread that virus

That is a problem for sure. The virus isn’t a joke. You can catch it and have a chance just like anyone else that it could be more severe than others. But at some point you just have to let this thing run it’s course and get everyone to do the simple things like wearing masks and social distance. I think you’re misinterpreting what I’m saying as this whole thing is made up. 

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

Then you just don't understand. Pretty simple.

Then please enlighten me. We would have had more deaths due to the hospital systems being overrun, but that in itself has many variables to it. If we maintain the course and do what we are asked we shouldn’t see it get to that point.

8 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

People were dying....What did you want them to do? They were preparing for worst case scenarios. That's what a competent leading body would do, and that's one of the few competent things that happened. The very reason they had to close things down was because they were too late and didn't even close close to reacting fast enough to this virus that they had to close it down. It's so easy to sit here now and act like things they did were wrong but at the time, Italy and Spain were being decimated, the US numbers were climbing daily and the information coming out about transmission and the fact that people who were asymptomatic were shown to be very contagious very early on. I'm sorry people feel like they are losing money and that it's hurting the economy, that is a very big deal but if you are telling me your livelihood is more important than the lives of people at high risk for dying to this disease then you are the problem. They had to shut everything down and it's been proven that it saved lives. 

Edited by seriously27
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Then please enlighten me. We would have had more deaths due to the hospital systems being overrun, but that in itself has many variables to it. If we maintain the course and do what we are asked we shouldn’t see it get to that point.

Shut downs take place > positivity rates and over all case counts decrease. Open things back up > rampant spread, increased positivity rates, and it's not isolated to the major metro areas on the east coast. It's not hard to understand. When people interact with each other, people get sick. A significant portion of those people that get sick end up dying.

You seem to be implying that a citizen's ability to eat a crappy burger at Applebee's is more important. You're wrong.

EDIT: In addition - Do you honestly believe that people are just going to magically start doing what they are asked? When have they proven capable?

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 2