Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Then please enlighten me. We would have had more deaths due to the hospital systems being overrun, but that in itself has many variables to it. If we maintain the course and do what we are asked we shouldn’t see it get to that point.

But we are. Look at the numbers coming out now. We are at that two week mark after places have been opening up and Houston is already almost at ICU capacity again. You can act like everyone will just follow these rules but the actual facts show people are not. People don't were masks, they are out in large groups( Not even just the protesters either as facebook shows me people from all walks of life are idiots and like going to restaurants in groups of 10 or more). WE were given a chance to show that we can do this and save lives but everyone decided their comfort was more important. They decided politics and money were more important than people's lives and now we are right back were we started. You already stated we just have to let this "run it's course" which literally shows you are completely fine with 35 million people dying. All because YOU are not going to be one of them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

You seem to be implying that a citizen's ability to eat a crappy burger at Applebee's is more important. You're wrong.

This is want irritates me the most. Pretty much every other country on the face of the planet figured this out pretty early, and top the necessary steps to control the pandemic. Especially in countries with much higher density and much higher potential of rapid spreading. The US has NO EXCUSE.

This ins't a few idiots. A significant portion of the population is ignorant enough to undermine four months of damn hard work. 

14 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:
5 hours ago, seriously27 said:

What do you think would have happened to those numbers had we not shut down or put in place the social distancing measures?  

I think we would have had the same ratio as we do now but obviously higher numbers. 

There's a real sadness in watching an adult fail to do basic fractions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There's a real sadness in watching an adult fail to do basic fractions.

He's made it clear that it's fine that old people and people who already have health problems are going to die. He already had it so why should he care. 

• Like 2

In Minnesota, people in their 20's now have the most number of cases.  It would be interesting to see what percentage of each age group has tested positive but i didn't see that.

80% of the people that died have been in long term care facilities. If only the could have figured out how to control that a little better

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

He's made it clear that it's fine that old people and people who already have health problems are going to die. He already had it so why should he care. 

Are we sure it's not just a coincidence that every single person who says "well you know at some point the elderly are just going to die because we have to reopen our economy" isn't elderly?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

In Minnesota, people in their 20's now have the most number of cases.  It would be interesting to see what percentage of each age group has tested positive but i didn't see that.

80% of the people that died have been in long term care facilities. If only the could have figured out how to control that a little better

Yeah they've said the rates of infected younger people have been going up all over the place and I don't care what anyone says it isn't a coincidence that that's the age range out in protests the most. 

This whole past month has been a perfect storm for undermining all the progress we made, maybe we would have been okay reopening if not for the protests, maybe we would have been fine with the protests had we still been locked down... But the combination of the two was just terrible timing. It's unfortunate because some areas are going to inevitably have to go backwards in their reopening... But hopefully it won't get as bad as new York did anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Are we sure it's not just a coincidence that every single person who says "well you know at some point the elderly are just going to die because we have to reopen our economy" isn't elderly?

To be fair there actually have been some elderly who have said that but not many

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It must be. There must be some old guy out there saying, "Yes! Screw me! I've had a good life! You guys go enjoy your Olive Garden breadsticks. I'm sure I would have died in the next ten years anyways. What's another ten years of someone's life to that buttery goodness?"

• Like 2

Just now, rob_shadows said:
4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

To be fair there actually have been some elderly who have said that but not many

At least in my county the average age of death by COVID-19 is 81 years old.

All tolled average age of death is 84 years old. A decade from now, the overall population won't even have seen this as a speed bump.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I got mine finally on Sunday. Gym is also reopening (with social distancing and mask guidelines obviously) 

sQBdk5G.png

This is the thing though, I'm fine with things reopening if people follow those guidelines. I think it's completely feasible to have a stable economy and still practice the guidelines necessary to combat this virus. The main problem is how many people just won't do it. Wearing a mask is just too hard. 

4 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Which is true. I'm sure that person exists, and frankly, while I disagree with them, I respect them for it and consider it a noble - though misguided - thing to do. And when those people say "we need to re-open", they're going to do it thoughtfully with nuance because they are aware of the price they are asking other people to pay. If that person comes into this thread, I'll discuss, not make fun of them.

That's not what happened here. The people that @seriously27 and I are making fun of are the people who throw in a disclaimer about how they don't hate the elderly or anything, but at no point in the explanation will you ever see someone talk about how high that price is, because they're only thinking of themselves when they write it.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2