Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

Correct. So eventually the US should have more cases than most places just due to the sheer number of people we have. But the fact that our population density is so much lower than everyone else *should have* meant that the spread was slower all other things equal. 

Really what that data is showing me is just how well China got on top of this thing.

They didn’t have a 2 month heads up.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

You don't have to tell anyone. We just know that if you're not reported dead two weeks (or whatever the standard timeframe is that we're using) after you got tested and haven't shown back up at the hospital, you're not a case we need to keep open anymore.

So either that data has not yet been released, everyone is dead and it is not released or no one cares at the moment to track it.  Clearly it is not hitting anyone's tracking at the moment. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Really what that data is showing me is just how well China got on top of this thing.

They didn’t have a 2 month heads up.

That is assuming their numbers are real.  I would like to see these charts exclude China and just see how this things is playing out.  I know the data is what it is and if you use it you need to assume there is accuracy there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

That is assuming their numbers are real.  I would like to see these charts exclude China and just see how this things is playing out.  I know the data is what it is and if you use it you need to assume there is accuracy there.

Really no different than us.  We’re not providing “real” data either tbh.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

So either that data has not yet been released, everyone is dead and it is not released or no one cares at the moment to track it.  Clearly it is not hitting anyone's tracking at the moment. 

Three weeks ago, we weren't testing anyone. so the number of cases we can actually close daily is really low right now. Three weeks from today, we'll see ~56k closed. The question about death rates is that if we weren't testing, did we miss a large spike in cases that is leading to a batch of people who are *on track to die* and will die in the interim. It's not going to double or triple the death rate, but it could be enough that when they come in, it pushes us above other countries. We're all hoping that doesn't come, but we don't really know.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t trust anything coming out of China. They have NOT earned the benefit of the doubt.

Have we?

I triaged an individual in Brooklyn today with a fever, one of 3 primary symptoms, in the area of the country with the highest infection rate and they didn’t get tested.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t trust anything coming out of China. They have NOT earned the benefit of the doubt.

I’m in the same boat.  They’ve lied about this from the very start.  No new cases in Wuhan is less believable than Scientology.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m in the same boat.  They’ve lied about this from the very start.  No new cases in Wuhan is less believable than Scientology.

why? its been locked down for two months.  the virus dies on metal and plastic in 3 days.  just have to wait all the infections out, and if no one can see eachother, then it should die out in that amt of time, i would think.  prob gonna be new cases after they open it up first week of april

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

To be clear, I’m not saying I trust China’s numbers, I’m just saying theirs are likely as fudged as ours.

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To be clear, I’m not saying I trust China’s numbers, I’m just saying theirs are likely as fudged as ours.

China doesn't count it as a case if there aren't symptoms showing, even if there is a positive test.

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

China doesn't count it as a case if there aren't symptoms showing, even if there is a positive test.

And in America, unless your famous or rich, you aren't even gonna get tested if youre not showing symptoms.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

And we’re not testing even when symptoms should warrant it.

Im just saying, these aren’t incredibly accurate numbers from either county.

• Like 3