Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Can confirm #1 is a significant part of this. Remdesivir and better treatment options (heated high-flow vs vents) has drastically altered the outcomes in Chicago hospitals.

Thats good to hear.  Sadly it seems like the mad rush to ventilators was part of the huge death counts we saw in NY and Milan.  At least we know better now.  I guess the question is do we have enough of a supply of remdesivir, oxygen, and other treatments to handle this surge if we keep seeing more patients hospitalized in the south?

10 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Thats good to hear.  Sadly it seems like the mad rush to ventilators was part of the huge death counts we saw in NY and Milan.  At least we know better now.  I guess the question is do we have enough of a supply of remdesivir, oxygen, and other treatments to handle this surge if we keep seeing more patients hospitalized in the south?

The federal government’s supply of Covid-19 treatment remdesivir will run out by June 29............

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/pharma-and-life-sciences/gileads-virus-drug-donation-runs-out-while-outbreak-deepens

But.............

Gilead targets remdesivir supply for two million COVID-19 patients by year-end

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-gilead-sciences/gilead-targets-remdesivir-supply-for-two-million-covid-19-patients-by-year-end-idUSKBN23T1Y9

25 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Remdesivir and better treatment options

They're getting close on having an inhaled version of Remdesivir which doesn't need the IV administration, so that's a huge leap forward
There are also better drug options to shut down the over-response by our immune systems -  and that helps keep the lungs from filling with fluid
We're making progress on keeping people alive, huge step forward.

Also, tell your charming bride thanks from all of us - running an ICU has to be one of the toughest gigs around.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

They're getting close on having an inhaled version of Remdesivir which doesn't need the IV administration, so that's a huge leap forward
There are also better drug options to shut down the over-response by our immune systems -  and that helps keep the lungs from filling with fluid
We're making progress on keeping people alive, huge step forward.

Also, tell your charming bride thanks from all of us - running an ICU has to be one of the toughest gigs around.

I will, that's very kind of you.

Nice, Smart, AND a Dead Head. Too bad we can't fix that Packer fandom... 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The fact that anyone should ever have to is asinine.

I actually prefer my office to my home office. I have a giant cube, 2 monitors, fully stocked kitchen, AC, I can talk to people who aren't my Fiancee and I can easily get more work done vs being at home in a tiny office with no AC and a limited supply of snacks/drinks.

However, the flexible hours are a plus.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I actually prefer my office to my home office. I have a giant cube, 2 monitors, fully stocked kitchen, AC, I can talk to people who aren't my Fiancee and I can easily get more work done vs being at home in a tiny office with no AC and a limited supply of snacks/drinks.

However, the flexible hours are a plus.

do I sense some office shenanigans.....................

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

well, you could play mafia games again???

We are people too

I was just thinking about that, considering I have the weekend to myself AND I would have totally played the Scooby-Doo one but I don't think I ever got an invite. Really I just look for games with themes I am interested in and when I have enough time to properly invest in it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I see you and I both work for the same employer.

Does that mean you work in the Chandler office? Remember when a senator told our CEO he should be fired?

Edited by skywindO2