Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

One of my favorite things to do presently is act like I'm an anti-masker, and paraphrase the rationale from the Griswold/Roe case lineage on privacy and bodily autonomy, and then watch them talk in all caps after I tell them what they agreed with.

That's devious.  I like it.

7 day rolling average of deaths is going to start to head up now methinks. Looks like today marks the highest week increase (12% and still increasing from # of deaths a week ago today) since mid-April.

Could get ugly w/ Texas, Cali and Florida hospitals seemingly struggling...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

7 day rolling average of deaths is going to start to head up now methinks. Looks like today marks the highest week increase (12% and still increasing from # of deaths a week ago today) since mid-April.

yep. Today will be the deadliest day in over 3 weeks :(

As expected, this correlates directly with the timeframe that cases started spiking again.

51 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Now at 30% increase and counting...wonder if this is an aberrant spike today or if this schit is gonna take off again.

Well it depends. Will the deaths be directly be because of Covid or because there’s not enough room in the ICU? Either way it sucks but I’m sure someone will say that the deaths are declining if it’s the hospital reason.

Now at 30% increase and counting...wonder if this is an aberrant spike today or if this schit is gonna take off again.

Saturday was unusually low because of July 4th so part of this is probably just hangover effect from the holiday weekend.  We really need to compare 7 day average after today to where we were Friday of last week imo 

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Saturday was unusually low because of July 4th so part of this is probably just hangover effect from the holiday weekend.  We really need to compare 7 day average after today to where we were Friday of last week imo 

Deaths after today are the same as they were Friday (trailing 7 day average) we'll see what tomorrow looks like, but could just be hangover from the holiday weekend, although I suspect its more than that

• Like 1

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Let's hope that's due to the numbers lagging because of the holiday weekend. I have to think it's going to start taking off, though...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

So all these young people w/ the drastic rise in cases are on one side...... interesting.....

This isn't a purposely misleading, purposely divisive comment or anything 9_9

Actually, he referred to the people not wanting to wear masks and not the rise in cases so no, his comment wasn't misleading. The two aren't directly proportional.

We've already discussed how one person not following the guidelines (in this example, wearing a mask), can affect someone who is following them. You're just being purposely obtuse. 

29 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Actually, he referred to the people not wanting to wear masks and not the rise in cases so no, his comment wasn't misleading. The two aren't directly proportional.

We've already discussed how one person not following the guidelines (in this example, wearing a mask), can affect someone who is following them. You're just being purposely obtuse. 

No, I'm not. I'm saying it's unfair and misleading to say 99.99% of people not wearing masks are all on one side when the bars f-ing packed with young people who probably don't fit that description. Then you have the gatherings where I'm still seeing many not wearing masks. I'm fairly certain they don't fit it either. It's a stupid comment and divisive in nature.

I'm not sure why the MODs let it happen but I'm not going to further it than this post. I should've stayed out of this thread like I said I was. That is my fault. 

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 1

Guys, we really need to drop the covert political talk.  I know it's all so linked now, but as you can see it's reaching a boiling point.

Hinting at it is still talking about it.

Just leave it all alone.

• Like 1

Young people are going to go back to living their lives.  It was never practical to expect young people would willingly give up a year or two of their lives for something that has no direct impact on them. 

The issue is policies that allow super spreading gatherings, like full capacity bars and restaurants, and discourage masks.  I’m not sure it’s all politics part of it is just learning as we go along but it’s a big challenge in places in the south where people spend the entire summer inside.  As much as it pains me to say it those of us in the northeast should be a little less smug because come October at the latest it’ll be our turn in the hot seat again. 

• Like 1