Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

So, Ive read that Oxford was studying whether their vaccine prevented infection- which early data seems to support. 

Does this bring encouragement regarding Moderna's and Pfizer's vaccine? Also, with the high effectiveness among the elderly population- would that show promise that the vaccines develop a strong immune response which may make it more likely to prevent infection? 

My girlfriend lost a co-worker over the weekend. Only 33, younger than we are. She is having a tough time with it (her co-worker had a child that is similar in age to our own which I think is definitely hitting her hard). She had a significant co-morbidity issue (previous cancer diagnosis, though I believe that she was in remission, but not sure what her overall health profile was) so obviously it's not a usual case,  but she's certainly struggling with the news. Really unfortunate. 

• Like 1

Looks like CA may go back on lockdown. Right now it’s mainly county restrictions but our hospital numbers don’t look good.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfgate.com/bayarea/amp/Newsom-COVID-tier-update-California-15763751.php

Edit: I’m super torn about all this even though I know I shouldn’t be. It just hurts to see this happen again even though I don’t know what our other options are. We really need Congress to pass a new stimulus bill soon.

Edited by Xenos

8 hours ago, Forge said:

My girlfriend lost a co-worker over the weekend. Only 33, younger than we are. She is having a tough time with it (her co-worker had a child that is similar in age to our own which I think is definitely hitting her hard). She had a significant co-morbidity issue (previous cancer diagnosis, though I believe that she was in remission, but not sure what her overall health profile was) so obviously it's not a usual case,  but she's certainly struggling with the news. Really unfortunate. 

My condolences as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Wow, so sorry to hear...my condolences.

• Like 1