Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

On 1/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Its anecdotal, but where I'm at, the hospital administration was very surprised at the amount of people who will not be getting the vaccine.

They could of course get it later, but as of now, are saying no to it, even though its heavily suggested to get vaccinated.

Hm...every area seems to be different. Im in upstate NY and the community as a whole seems very receptive of the vaccine. Also, it may help that I work on units that have been converted to COVID ICUs. Those people probably have a different perspective than someone working outpatient or on a unit that hasnt dealt with the worst of this pandemic.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I wonder what number it'd take for everyone to take this seriously.

Source w/ link to source's source

The mutated strain found in the UK that is now popping up in the US could be devastating. Hospitals are already on the ropes, governors are doing everything they can to avoid lock-downs, and people are experiencing fatigue. 

21 hours ago, Xenos said:

Well to be fair, not everyone can handle living in the state with the fifth largest economy 😂

I wonder if that changes with Elon Musk leaving. He's smart to get out of that state I think.

Maybe its all politics, but I could see other businesses make a similar move in the next 5-10 years.

10 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I wonder if that changes with Elon Musk leaving. He's smart to get out of that state I think.

Maybe its all politics, but I could see other businesses make a similar move in the next 5-10 years.

Elon Musk is so smart he doesn’t know why he got a false negative from a rapid test 😂

25 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

So many people moved out of California. Joe Rogan, many many others. It’s just being run into the ground. Homeless problem is getting otherworldly, crime is getting nuts, air quality has become the worst state in the country unless you live in SF or Monterey, the state is extremely corrupt and misspends money more than any other state, and the prices in Cali have become unlivable for many and you are experiencing a Mass Exodus of epic proportions way more than any other year. 

Seems the person above me will defend Cali to death, but it has become a massive ****hole. And almost everyone I talk to agrees that it is indeed a ****hole or rapidly becoming one. 

Would move myself if my job wasn’t solely unique to California. 

Elon Musk is correct to move to Texas. Joe Rogan as well. That’d probably be my destination too. The economy is boomin, and far less corruption, and way more freedom (especially business freedom). You’re gonna see many, many people and businesses follow suit, which will hurt California’a economy. 

Edited by BayRaider

25 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Elon Musk is so smart he doesn’t know why he got a false negative from a rapid test 😂

Well that's on him. Granted, this is all new for us, I think. A negative test isn't a surefire thing!

Anyways, I hope a hail mary hits California and things start to normalize. I don't have much faith that anything short of a hail mary will come their way though. Those people deserve so much better (really, our whole country does).

I'll leave it at that.

My company is based out of Tempe and coworkers constantly complain about the number of people moving there from CA. People are leaving in droves from what they tell me and have been for years. AZ and Texas seem to be the destinations of choice. Terrible policies will do that. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781