Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

Right now every state except Hawaii and Vermont is feeling the pain. The top five hotspots are AZ, CA, RI, TN, and OK currently.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/09/01/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

The expected holiday surge, I expect we'll see the numbers back down a little bit over the next few weeks but it's not going to get anywhere near back down to summer levels until... Well summer more than likely.

59 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

The expected holiday surge, I expect we'll see the numbers back down a little bit over the next few weeks but it's not going to get anywhere near back down to summer levels until... Well summer more than likely.

Pandemic fatigue too. Maybe false hope with the vaccine 🤷🏻‍♂️

Asking the ambulance crews and paramedics to make life/death triage decisions is just freaking unbelievable. The optimism over having vaccines is juxtaposed vs what's happening on the front lines. All while pandemic fatigue takes hold across the country. This snippet below is from the NYT

"As the virus overwhelms hospitals in Los Angeles, officials directed ambulance crews to ration their oxygen supplies and not to pick up patients who had little chance of survival"

7 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Asking the ambulance crews and paramedics to make life/death triage decisions is just freaking unbelievable. The optimism over having vaccines is juxtaposed vs what's happening on the front lines. All while pandemic fatigue takes hold across the country. This snippet below is from the NYT

"As the virus overwhelms hospitals in Los Angeles, officials directed ambulance crews to ration their oxygen supplies and not to pick up patients who had little chance of survival"

Yeah read that the other day. Very sad that it got this point.

12 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Still havent gotten my stimulus check either, Has qualification changed since the first one was issued in the summer? Or If I got the first one and Im getting the 2nd no matter what?

Believe the income requirements were lower.

My gf said that there was some sort of screw up as well as she is supposed to get one and hasn't. Apparently they had some info wrong it something. She got an email from turbo tax about it