Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

32 minutes ago, Xenos said:

How is this possible? I’m hoping this is just wrong versus what the alternative is.

I have no idea. There should be chain of custody records for every single step of this process given the cold storage requirements. 

I don't even know where to start throwing out a guess as to what might have happened. 

WOWOWOWOWOWOW

The pure ineptitude is mind boggling. The narrative was they vaccine supply was slow because they were holding doses back for round 2. What a stupid lie to tell to kick the crow eating down the road where 3 more crow carcasses are being served up on a platter. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

WOWOWOWOWOWOW

The pure ineptitude is mind boggling. The narrative was they vaccine supply was slow because they were holding doses back for round 2. What a stupid lie to tell to kick the crow eating down the road where 3 more crow carcasses are being served up on a platter. 

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they were deliberately kicking the can as far down the road so someone else takes the blame. Or that somehow the reserves actually went to specific states if that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

WOWOWOWOWOWOW

Yeah I guess that's the only explanation. With 5 days left in the administration now they can just take their ball and go home.

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they were deliberately kicking the can as far down the road so someone else takes the blame. Or that somehow the reserves actually went to specific states if that makes sense.

MAYBE they hopped they would replenish their reserves by the time they got caught in the lie. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

MAYBE they hopped they would replenish their reserves by the time they got caught in the lie. 

That’s a better suggestion. Still crossing my fingers that Wapo tweet is wrong and it’s just a giant misunderstanding. Though Oregon’s governor seemed to have thrown a wretch into that idea 😩

Well this explains it. Here’s hoping production is indeed better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/15/trump-vaccine-reserve-used-up/%3foutputType=amp

Because both of the vaccines authorizedfor emergency use in the United States are two-dose regimens, the Trump administration’s initial policy was to hold back second doses to protect against the possibility of manufacturing disruptions. But that approach shifted in recent weeks, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter.

These officials were told that Operation Warp Speed, which is overseeing the distribution of vaccines, stopped stockpiling second doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at the end of last year. The last shots held in reserve of Moderna’s supply, meanwhile, began shipping out over the weekend.

The shift, in both cases, had to do with increased confidence in the supply chain, so that Operation Warp Speed leaders feltthey could reliably anticipate the availability of doses for booster shots — required three weeks later in the case of the Pfizer-BioNTech product and four weeks later under Moderna’s protocol.

But it also meant there was no stockpile of second doses waiting to be shipped, as Trump administration officials suggestedthis week. Azar, at a Tuesday briefing, said, “Because we now have a consistent pace of production, we can now ship all of the doses that had been held in physical reserve.” He explained the decision as part of the “next phase” of the nation’s vaccination campaign.

Those in line for their second shots are expected to get them on schedule since states are still getting regular vaccine shipments. But state and local officials say they are angry and bewildered by the shifting directions and changing explanations of supply.

41 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No, it doesn't. The whole thing started because there were no doses shipping out this week, and that's still true. You can't use "production is better" to explain why you don't have any product.

Sorry let me clarify. I’m not saying his excuse resolves the issue. I’m simply resigning myself to the reality of the situation and hoping that production is better because that’s the only positive thing left to cling on to. If that makes sense.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No, it doesn't. The whole thing started because there were no doses shipping out this week, and that's still true. You can't use "production is better" to explain why you don't have any product.

One last thing. This is all assuming that they’re not lying about the supply chain and production being better as well.

life love GIF

40 minutes ago, Xenos said:

One last thing. This is all assuming that they’re not lying about the supply chain and production being better as well.

I have a friend who works at Pfizer. Sounds like they were caught off guard with the abrupt change of plan. I don't know details and I'm not going to ask. But, it doesn't sound great.

• Like 1