Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I have a friend who works at Pfizer. Sounds like they were caught off guard with the abrupt change of plan. I don't know details and I'm not going to ask. But, it doesn't sound great.

Sad Michael Scott GIF

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

Sorry let me clarify. I’m not saying his excuse resolves the issue. I’m simply resigning myself to the reality of the situation and hoping that production is better because that’s the only positive thing left to cling on to. If that makes sense.

Yeah for sure, but no way should we ever let a public official bold face spin like that. Absolute nonsense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Well now Pfizer is saying they have reserved doses so I don't know wtd is going on! Havent heard from Moderna, though. 

Good news, absolutely. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccine-pfizer-idUSKBN29K2LR?taid=600250db947f630001ccbb11&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Just for a source.

I know I complain about politicians a lot when the opportunity arises, especially left coast politicians, but there is a reason lol. 

10 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Well now Pfizer is saying they have reserved doses so I don't know wtd is going on! Havent heard from Moderna, though. 

I read from a few sources that they’re cutting back on sending doses to Europe and Canada. So maybe that’s where a good portion of the reserve is coming from?

Source

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Well...tested positive today so looks like FF is getting more of me.

asymptomatic so far?

I just moved to Maine TODAY and I am takin over the Portland office on Monday and I am kind of terrified of getting COVID in a new place. I feel like I don't know the safe zones. 

Flip side of that is that Maine considers my position, while completely administrative and business development albeit in the healthcare business, a candidate for the vaccine. So I am on the list to get that as soon as doses come available which is oodles sooner than I expected to get it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

asymptomatic so far?

I just moved to Maine TODAY and I am takin over the Portland office on Monday and I am kind of terrified of getting COVID in a new place. I feel like I don't know the safe zones. 

Flip side of that is that Maine considers my position, while completely administrative and business development albeit in the healthcare business, a candidate for the vaccine. So I am on the list to get that as soon as doses come available which is oodles sooner than I expected to get it.  

dang youre in the better portland

• Like 1

My wife and I luckily tested negative. One of our close friends unfortunately did not. He caught it a week back but we were not in close contact with him. Maybe this is new to me only, but apparently if you catch COVID there’s a good chance you will test positive for at least the next three months even if you are completely recovered. Something to think about if someone wants you to test negative before going back to work.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

My wife and I luckily tested negative. One of our close friends unfortunately did not. He caught it a week back but we were not in close contact with him. Maybe this is new to me only, but apparently if you catch COVID there’s a good chance you will test positive for at least the next three months even if you are completely recovered. Something to think about if someone wants you to test negative before going back to work.

Yes, you'll test positive for months at times due to your body shredding RNA from what I understand. From what I've read from my nurse friends, you should only be concerned about quarantining for 10-14 days after testing positive. I'm sure others might feel differently but I've seen this take quite a bit. 

Glad you tested negative. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1