Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

27 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Fauci thinks J&J and Oxford's vaccines could be approved in the next few weeks. That'd be HUGE for supply and distribution. Good stuff.

I didn't realize we'd potentially be getting Oxford's so quickly. This is great, indeed. J&J's phase 1/2 data looked very promising. Hope they're ready to ship this **** out ASAP

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I didn't realize we'd potentially be getting Oxford's so quickly. This is great, indeed. J&J's phase 1/2 data looked very promising. Hope they're ready to ship this **** out ASAP

The Oxford one will help the rest of the world a great deal since it’s so much cheaper than Pfizer and Moderna.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

J&J will have a very limited supply until March or April, I believe. Not sure about Oxford.

18 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yes, you'll test positive for months at times due to your body shredding RNA from what I understand. From what I've read from my nurse friends, you should only be concerned about quarantining for 10-14 days after testing positive. I'm sure others might feel differently but I've seen this take quite a bit. 

Glad you tested negative. 

wut that doesn't sound good

1 hour ago, theJ said:

wut that doesn't sound good

https://www.medscape.com/answers/2500114-197467/what-is-the-duration-of-viral-shedding-in-persons-with-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19#qna

This is something I found. I first realized this when a friend of mine got it back in May and had to be hospitalized for 9 days. When we talked to her a few months later, she said she had been testing positive for a couple weeks after being released but that was normal for extreme cases. She works at a hospital in a lab so had to constantly get tested before being able to go back to work. Very weird stuff. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Reading the article it seems like it’s all guesswork right now. Maybe it’ll be resistant, maybe not? I guess the good news if I’m reading this correctly is that only a small sample of people thave it and that it’s not as contagious as the B117 variant, which seems to be the main concern now.

I aint scurred 

Honestly if the spike protein does mutate, It isnt a large leap to include it in a vaccine. The leg work is done. Besides that, given the expectation that it is actually less communicable than normal COVID-19 strain, it's also possible it dies out on its own without human intervention given that most of the world is still utilizing PPE. 

• Like 1