Jump to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/johnson-johnson-vaccine-deemed-safe-effective-documents-released-fda-n1258712

And there we have it.

Start shipping this **** out now so we can be ready when given the green light.

20 million by the end of March and 100 million by the end of June is the forecast.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4535542001

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Wish it was more but I'll take it. Stupid "miscommunications".....

I wish it was more too. I was so sure like others that J&J would have the supply ready because their vaccines are only one shot and don’t require the storage of Pfizer and Moderna.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I wish it was more too. I was so sure like others that J&J would have the supply ready because their vaccines are only one shot and don’t require the storage of Pfizer and Moderna.

Well, what we "thought" was needed for Pfizer. Not sure if you saw the recent news that they can be stored at much higher temps. You are right, regardless. It's just encouraging to see things coming to an extremely much more manageable point. I saw that almost all MLB stadiums will allow fans up to some capacity and I am optimistic I'll be able to attend an OSU game in the fall w/o any issues. I can't wait

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Got the 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday - eligible because I have a chronic kidney condition. The system to sign up in NYC is absolutely chaotic - basically just a lot of refreshing of websites hoping to find a needle in the haystack and get yourself signed into an appointment just as they are posted and before someone else fills it out. I was able to find a same-day slot yesterday just as I think a new shipment was coming in and new slots opened up. I will say though that the process once I got to the hospital itself was as smooth as it could have been. 

I feel extraordinarily lucky to have already gotten it - I know of many many people in NYC who have been striking out for weeks trying to find open appointments. And the uneven nature of all of this is pretty frustrating - I'm getting vaccinated and my frontline worker sister in Boston has been as well but my elderly father in Virginia is still waiting with seemingly no end in sight. Still though - it's such an incredible relief to finally be moving forward. My 2nd dose will come almost a year to the date that things started locking down in NYC. This is certainly the most hopeful I've felt since then. 

Happy to hear you were able to get it! 

Any side effects? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

Happy to hear you were able to get it! 

Any side effects? 

Thank you! And nothing so far in terms of side effects, other than a sore shoulder, same as how it feels after a flu shot.

From what I've heard, if you haven't already had COVID (and I've been anti-body negative every time I've been tested over the past year), then it's usually after the 2nd dose that you feel the brunt of the side effects and feel the worst of it physically, and that you see more of the side effects after the 1st dose if you've already had COVID before, but idk how true that is. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I never thought of it as someone selling info. If that's the case, yes, they need jailed immediately. 

My case is legitimate as it's due to a business opportunity where I'll have to spend time in a Dr's office. Just wanted to make that clear. And it's not even a sure thing. I'll find out later this week.

I agree with your last line assuming you are correct in people selling this info bc that's ridiculous. 

I don't know they're selling it, but when the leaks are immediately in areas of wealth I'm assuming some combination of money or favors are changing hands. That's what I want to stop. 

And I appreciate anybody who is doing anything they can to stop this thing. Whether that's hitting refresh 8,000 times for that appointment, or wearing a mask, or social distancing when needed. That's what we're all supposed to do!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Thank you! And nothing so far in terms of side effects, other than a sore shoulder, same as how it feels after a flu shot.

From what I've heard, if you haven't already had COVID (and I've been anti-body negative every time I've been tested over the past year), then it's usually after the 2nd dose that you feel the brunt of the side effects and feel the worst of it physically, and that you see more of the side effects after the 1st dose if you've already had COVID before, but idk how true that is. 

This lines up with my experience. First shot was mild soreness on par with waking up after a good weight lifting session the day before. With the second shot, I was little more sore and a little tired, but went through my day normally. Some of my co-workers did have to take the day after their second shot off though. Seems like it's a more likely than not you just get the soreness.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Thank you! And nothing so far in terms of side effects, other than a sore shoulder, same as how it feels after a flu shot.

From what I've heard, if you haven't already had COVID (and I've been anti-body negative every time I've been tested over the past year), then it's usually after the 2nd dose that you feel the brunt of the side effects and feel the worst of it physically, and that you see more of the side effects after the 1st dose if you've already had COVID before, but idk how true that is. 

FWIW I've heard Pfizer's is fairly mild in majority of people I've talked to first-hand. My stepbrother is a Dr and he was stuck w/ Moderna's and he said it was pretty terrible for 1.5 days. I don't know many others that have had that one though. It seems Pfizer is in my area though which is good news since I might be able to get in next week.

Best of luck to you in the next!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't know they're selling it, but when the leaks are immediately in areas of wealth I'm assuming some combination of money or favors are changing hands. That's what I want to stop. 

And I appreciate anybody who is doing anything they can to stop this thing. Whether that's hitting refresh 8,000 times for that appointment, or wearing a mask, or social distancing when needed. That's what we're all supposed to do!

I get it, absolutely. I just wanted to point out that my situation is legit and I'm not cutting in front of other, more deserving people. I'm not sure what happened in the other person's case. Regardless, you're right, if anything changes hands other than a vaccine card, that must stop and those people need dealt w/. 

I'm looking forward to getting on my county's website tomorrow night and hitting that refresh b/c I've heard appointments open up late sometimes but mostly, early Friday.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update on my vax "scandal"

Apparently my boss called the local health department and the code that we used was not one of the ones compromised being written about. Supposedly it is for the tier 1B that food and agricultural workers are a part of, the code was just somehow released ahead of time because of a large shipment of vaccines arriving. 

I'm taking this with a grain of salt but have decided to just keep my appointment and get vaccinated. I have pretty severe asthma and while the evidence of that being a serious comorbidity is inconclusive, I'm tired of living and working in fear! 

It's also just ridiculous how poorly the vaccine rollout has been handled in California and Los Angeles. I know it's a complex state geographically and demographically but come on, you'd think there would be a far more effective logistics plan and outreach program. So much contradictory information.. 

 

 

Edited by Zukhyubern
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard that it's actually good to get a little bit of a reaction from the vaccine because it means there was a immune response.  Is there any truth to that?

My grandma didn't feel much of anything.  Should I be nervous?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I've heard that it's actually good to get a little bit of a reaction from the vaccine because it means there was a immune response.  Is there any truth to that?

My grandma didn't feel much of anything.  Should I be nervous?

I don’t think so. If there’s no reaction then that’s a good thing. And it seems that younger people have the reactions more than the older ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zukhyubern said:

Quick update on my vax "scandal"

Apparently my boss called the local health department and the code that we used was not one of the ones compromised being written about. Supposedly it is for the tier 1B that food and agricultural workers are a part of, the code was just somehow released ahead of time because of a large shipment of vaccines arriving. 

I'm taking this with a grain of salt but have decided to just keep my appointment and get vaccinated. I have pretty severe asthma and while the evidence of that being a serious comorbidity is inconclusive, I'm tired of living and working in fear! 

It's also just ridiculous how poorly the vaccine rollout has been handled in California and Los Angeles. I know it's a complex state geographically and demographically but come on, you'd think there would be a far more effective logistics plan and outreach program. So much contradictory information.. 

 

 

I feel like it’s somewhat better organized in San Diego. But it seems to be a problem for a lot of the bigger metropolitan cities. Not just the ones in CA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...