Leisher's 2020 Mock draft 3/20/20

jleisher

As of this mock, the Packers cap space is at about $12.3m.  Packers free up some space to add a lower level free agent WR.  

Packers free up $7.5m by redoing the contracts of D. Adams WR and Bak.  Adams new 4yrs $18m with 60% guan and Bak at 4yrs $16m with 60% guan as well.

New Cap is $19.8m

Free Agents:  We already have Ricky Wagner and Kirksey signed.

Sharpe_TajaeTajae Sharpe WR  Titans  3yrs $6m 40% guan,  cap hit $4.5m

Onwuasor_PatrickPatrick Onwuasor ILB  Ravens 2yrs $6m 35% guan, cap hit $4.8m

2020 Cap entering draft:  $10.5m

2020 NFL Draft:

#30.  Denzel Mims NFL

Scouting Report: Denzel Mims

School: Baylor Position: Wide Receiver Class: Junior Height: 6’3″ Weight: 215 

Scouting Report:

After enjoying an exceptional Senior Bowl and Combine, it has reaffirmed what was shown on the field with Denzel Sims- a true “X” receiver that has the speed, body control, hands, and vision to thrive at the next level. Although he played in a system that didn’t ask him to run much of a route tree, he showed very good route running ability. He bursts out of his cuts, and catches the ball naturally in stride. He has a knack for finding the ball at its highest point and times passes very well. Mims has shown he can beat press coverage, a rare trait for wide receivers coming out of college.  (Future #2 WR)

#62.  Trevon Diggs NFL

Scouting Report: Trevon Diggs

School: Alabama Position: Cornerback Class: Senior Height: 6’2 Weight: 200 

Scouting Report:

In his first half dozen games, before getting injured last year, had 20 tackles, an INT and 6 pass breakups and was arguably Alabama’s best DB. A former wide receiver converted to defensive back, he is still learning the position, but is getting the best cornerback coaching in college football under Saban. Has a wide receiver’s knack for locating the ball and acts like he wants the catch each play. Able to stay with speedy receivers on the outside and shifty ones in the slot. Was considering going pro, but will greatly benefit from another year in college.  ( Offers insurance if King goes down or leaves as a FA in 2021, TWills replacement.)

#94.  James Lynch NFL

Scouting Report: James Lynch

School: Baylor Position: Defensive End/ Tackle Class: Junior Height: 6’4″ Weight: 295 

Scouting Report:

Rare defensive line prospect coming out of college experienced in the 3-4 scheme. Played on the edge at Baylor, and has the length and base to continue as a DE in a 3-4 at the next level. Is explosive off of the snap and overpowers linemen by using a solid base along with a number of developed arm techniques. Could move to the inside in a 4-3, especially one that covets one gapping pressure. Has the wingspan and lower body strength to also hold up against the run and maintain his gaps.  (Pushes Lancaster to a rotational role.)

#136.  AJ Dillon NFL

Scouting Report: AJ Dillon

School: Boston College Position: Running Back Class: Senior Height: 6’0″ Weight: 250 

Scouting Report:

A huge, strong, solidly built power back that has rare athleticism for someone of his size. Initial impressions are of a pure bowling ball power back that will be featured in short yardage situations. However, Dillon has freakish agility and speed for a back of his size, and furthermore isn’t obsessed with making contact. A smart runner, he is always looking for yardage and not just to blow up a defender. Has good vision and looks for a hole and has surprising explosion after putting his foot in the dirt and making a cut upfield. An excellent blocker as well in pass protection.  (Packers new FB, one that can do everything and would be someone the defense will have to be aware of.)

#175.  Darryl Williams 2020 NFL Mock Draft

Scouting Report: Darryl Williams

School: Mississippi State Position: Offensive Guard/Center Class: Senior Height: 6’2 Weight: 305 

Scouting Report:

Exceptional interior offensive lineman that works best within smaller spaces. Locks on to defenders and has excellent strength to secure the block. Lower body strength is also very good, and can drive defenders back in the run game to make lanes. A clear interior blocker that won’t be considered as a tackle, but when given fixed zones to work with, is an elite run and pass blocker. (Seems to be down on most big boards.  Comes in and learns behind Linsley, starting C in 2021.)

#192.  Lamical Perine NFL

Scouting Report: Lamical Perine

School: Florida Position: Running Back Class: Senior Height: 5’11” Weight: 227 

Scouting Report:

A well rounded running back prospect that hasn’t had too much mileage on his legs, as he has shared the backfield for a considerable part of his college career. A prototypical blend of speed and power, that displays exceptional balance when running, which allows him to maximize his power when making contact. A solid pass protector, that is willing and able to take on defenders in the passing game. Soft hands, but hasn’t been used much as a receiver, but when he has, has looked very natural. Good vision, and is patient.      (Again, another player that seems to be lower on most big boards.  #3 RB, insurance if Packers and Jones can't reach agreement for 2021.  Now Packers have a backfield of Jones, Williams, Perine and FB Dillon, who can run the ball as well.)

#208.  Trey Adams - 2019 NFL Draft

Scouting Report: Trey Adams

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Washington Position: Offensive Tackle Class: Senior Height: 6-7 Weight: 302 lbs

Scouting Report:

Long offensive tackle prospect that has had two very good years at left tackle for Washington. Has been able to adjust to both speed and power rushes, and has shown strong development with footwork and hand placement. After a year without many elite left tackle prospects, he projects as a true left tackle that should find his way into the first round.  (Again, do to back issues another player that drops.  Packers can't believe he here at #208.  Offers insurance at LT and could play RT, if healthy, steal at #208)

#209.  Shyheim Carter NFL

Scouting Report: Shyheim Carter

School: Alabama Position: Safety Class: Senior Height: 6’1″ Weight: 200 

Scouting Report:

Excelled in coverage against opposing offenses’ quickest players in the slot, and rarely gives up any room in coverage to these receivers. So far has shown excellent coverage skills in the slot, and hasn’t been required to move around the secondary. However, that will change as he will probably see more work deeper in the secondary. Can be moved around all over the defense, and is particularly efficient with blitzes and defending the run. A willing and able tackler that doesn’t take many bad angles. Has some injury concerns, in that the injury he sustained has a history of coming back. Extremely well coached and will be an out of the box, ready to play prospect after being drafted.  (Depth and ST player)

#237.  

cropped-Quincy-Roche-NFL-678x381.jpg

Scouting Report: Quincy Roche

School: Temple Position: Outside Linebacker / Defensive End Class: Junior Height: 6’4″ Weight: 235 

Scouting Report:

A defensive end at Temple, Roche looks much more the part of an outside linebacker at the next level. Has excellent bend around the edge, and uses his speed to beat blockers with a combination of pure athleticism and technique. Is a playmaker both on defense and on special teams, where he is extremely disruptive. Has the short area speed and change of direction abilities to succeed in coverage, but not a ton of experience there. Roche has a good height and length to add more bulk to his frame to possibly stay on as a defensive end, but will probably be most valued by 3-4 teams looking for a pass rushing OLB.  (Depth and ST player)

#242.  Cohl Cabral NFL

Scouting Report: Cohl Cabral

School: Arizona State Position: Center Class: Senior Height: 6’5″ Weight: 291 

Scouting Report:

Still growing into his big frame, and made a move from left tackle to center a year ago. While he adds strength to his frame has learned to use his feet and base to create excellent leverage advantages over opponents. Has long arms and can lock on to defenders and ease them out of the way to create run lanes. Best attribute is his footwork and has adapted well from kickstepping to smaller steps in the phone booth as a center. Extremely high football intelligence and is the signal caller for the offensive line.  (Adds depth to the OL)

UDFA's:

photo of 2020 NFL Draft prospect SmithShaq.jpg  Shaq Smith ILB  Maryland

photo of 2020 NFL Draft prospect AllenChase.jpg  Chase Allen TE  Iowa St.

photo of 2020 NFL Draft prospect RectorChristian.jpg  Christian Rector 5TDL  USC

photo of 2020 NFL Draft prospect Auzoyah.jpg  Auzoyah Alufohai NT  W. Georgia

photo of 2020 NFL Draft prospect LutonJake.jpg  Jake Luton QB  Oregon St.

photo of 2020 NFL Draft prospect EllefsenBen.jpg  Ben Ellefson FB  N. Dakota St.

photo of 2020 NFL Draft prospect KinseyMason.jpg  Mason Kinsey WR  Berry College

photo of 2020 NFL Draft prospect TuszkaDerrek.jpg  Derrek Tuszka Edge  N. Dakota St.

photo of 2020 NFL Draft prospect SmithRodney.jpg  Rodney Smith RB  Minnesota

• Like 1

Won't Diggs be gone in Round 1

Mims to GB in round 1 is in many mocks. My guess is WR will not be GB's R1 choice, more likely either ILB, DL or OT. Mims is certainly ok with me.

Dillon more likely to be an UDFA but I don't know for sure.,

Nice job 

I’m not the biggest fan early;

Mims- good player but I feel like we already have guys like gun. You watch his tape and he’s winning on go routes, contested back shoulder fades. I’m more for a Reagor/Hamler who get open quick 

CB r2- good player, just I don’t think we need a cb that high right now 

Dillion- I love big guys but I don’t think he’s a good enough receiving back to be just a highly situational guy

33 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I’m not the biggest fan early;

Mims- good player but I feel like we already have guys like gun. You watch his tape and he’s winning on go routes, contested back shoulder fades. I’m more for a Reagor/Hamler who get open quick 

CB r2- good player, just I don’t think we need a cb that high right now 

Dillion- I love big guys but I don’t think he’s a good enough receiving back to be just a highly situational guy

CB’s a bigger need than you’d think. King’s contract is up after this season, Tramon is currently a FA, our backups behind Alexander and King are Jackson/Sullivan/Hollman...

59 minutes ago, Lieker said:

CB’s a bigger need than you’d think. King’s contract is up after this season, Tramon is currently a FA, our backups behind Alexander and King are Jackson/Sullivan/Hollman...

We still might bring back Tramon or another vet. Even without him we can manage with like a 4th round pick with what we have 

On 3/20/2020 at 5:51 PM, Packerraymond said:

Way too light on OL unfortunately. Not flashy to pick OL, but with Wagner and Linsley possibly gone next year, we need some more.

Don't dislike it though.

They get a G/C in Williams.  Trey Adams at RT/LT and Cabral has played C/T and could even play G.  I think that cover a lot for OL.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:46 AM, festiveonion said:

Don’t want sharpe but that’s a nitpick. 
Dont see us reworking two contracts this offseason. 

Like the prospects for the most part. 
Like addressing CB high. Like both of those DBs actually. 

Clear emphasis on RB/FB. 

Do you see those as that big a need? 

I have read or heard reports that HC would like to add a third option in the backfield.  Dillon can do both and since the Pack lost their FB to NE, so this would cover the loss.  So, with adding Dillon as FB/RB, they could run a double back formation with the threat of running or passing with either back on the field.  Big need maybe in HC eyes.