2010s Comedy - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the First entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Comedy movie from the 2010s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Sunday, 3/22/2020 at 3pm EST. 

@Calvert28 @THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

I would go with these

The Other Guys 
The Sitter 
Cedar Rapids  
21 Jump Street  
This is the End 

Honorable mention:

Nebraska 
The Way Way Back 
Spy 
The Heat  
Bridesmaids    
Dumber and Dumber To  

All of these are funny movies but are all more romantic comedies so did not quite make the cut because the focus was not completely on comedy.

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl  
Yesterday 
Crazy, Stupid, Love  
Sing Street
The Big Sick
Moonrise Kingdom  

Just now, August4th said:

this is the End

Scott Pilgrim vs the world

Pain and Gain

What We Do in the Shadows

Sing Street

I would consider Sing Street a romance and put it in that category, it was funny though no doubt but does not make the pure comedy cut for me but as a romantic comedy it is really outstanding.  Freaking awesome movie I think.  

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

21 jump street

hot tub time machine (should win this)

the other guys 

The Other Guys is a freaking line or Rama, classic Adam McKay writing, not quite as good as Step Brothers but was pretty damn solid I thought.  

22 minutes ago, August4th said:

cannot stand adam mckay comdies

struggle to watch 30 minutes of step brothers before I turned it off :ph34r:

I feel he is one of the better comedy writers currently, and he was solid on SNL also.

Step Brothers
Anchorman
The Other Guys
The Campaign
Get Hard
Anchorman 2

The Big Short and Vice were not bad either and both have some great comedy in those as well.

Adam McKay is a acquired taste and usually those who dislike him also dislike Will Ferrell and vice versa.   McKay did a little writing on Eastboard & Down which was pretty damn funny as well, in this Season 1, Episode 5.

12 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Ladybird

The Death of Stalin

Parasite

Birdman

The Favorite

Waiting for everyone’s “Tsk, Ackually those aren’t REAL comedies”

Lady Bird I like and Saoirse Ronan is freaking great but to me it is more a drama than a comedy, it is like calling Good Will Hunting a comedy, crazy funny at times but not sure I would call it a comedy.  The Death of Stalin is a good call!  That scene when they are all at the meeting table, that is freaking great, it was similar to this but later on in the movie, I can never seem to find it.

Edited by Ozzy

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Lady Bird I like and Saoirse Ronan is freaking great but to me it is more a drama than a comedy, it is like calling Good Will Hunting a comedy, crazy funny at times but not sure I would call it a comedy.  

I don’t agree with this sentiment. 75 to 80 percent of the dialogue, character interactions and events are comedic. Just because character arcs include dramatic moments shouldnt negate its comedic categorization. 

like based on the noms so far, the category should be been designated Farcical, Crude or Slapstick comedies.

Edited by animaltested

Just now, animaltested said:

I don’t agree with this sentiment. 75 to 80 percent of the dialogue, character interactions and events are comedic. Just because character arcs include dramatic moments shouldnt negate its comedic categorization. 

like based on the noms so far, the category should be been designated Farcical, Crude or Slapstick comedies.

True, I like farcical, crude and slapstick comedies but a lot of people do not and are too sophisticated for Dumb and Dumber fart jokes.      ...Barney's movie had heart, but Football in The Groin had a Football in The Groin.