2010s Comedy - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

Just now, Ozzy said:

Vote for it as a comedy, see if it makes it into the 1990s section which is crazy deep.   People that view Fargo as only a comedy clearly have a pretty warped sense of humor, it is funny but not consistent enough.  Then again some think killing your in-laws in a murder game is so hilarious..... 

You are an (redacted) that is literally too (redacted) to get any common sense into.  You are worse than (redacted).  You're the kind of (redacted) that thinks you're smart.  Some people can admit they're (redacted) and I have no issue with them because they admit they're (redacted).  You're worse because you actually think that your (redacted) opinions are correct, and you ridicule people who you know know more than you do. 

There were literally two videos posted above that prove it's a comedy. 

Fargo fits literally every single Goddamn comedic device. 

Daniel literally posted a supercut of all the YEAH quotes from the film.

Repetition is literally the FIRST Comedic Device people go over when referring to comedy. 

if you've never heard the expression "Comedy is repetition," you're as (redacted) as you think I think you are. 

You can literally go through the list of every Goddamn comedic device and mark them off in every single Coen Brothers film that is clearly a comedy. 

Read through this.  Do your best to comprehend it.  I know it's going to be hard for you.

Repetition - Check.
Hyperbole - Check.
Understatement - Check.
Double entendre - Check.
Juxtaposition - Check.
Taboo - Check.
Comedic timing - Check.
Slapstick - Check.
Stereotype - LITERALLY THE BIGGEST ****ING CHECK IN THE HISTORY OF COMEDY THEY STEREOTYPED AN ENTIRE REGION OF THE COUNTRY.

Literally the only device the Coen Brothers don't use is Mistaken Identity, which is LITERALLY THE ENTIRE GODDAMN PLOT OF THE BIG LEBOWSKI.

Then you try to tell me the plot point of killing in-laws somehow precludes it from being a comedy? 

I'm not even going to waste the calorie it would take to type out every Goddamn comedy ever made dealing with dark matters.  Every single movie you nominated deals with prostitution, drug use, mass corruption, the end of the ****ing world.

If you don't believe me, take the ****ing director's words for it:

The comedy would not have worked if the film had been shot as a comedy, instead of sincerely and directly.

In the interview, they were asked about how they kept the characters from becoming parody.  They spoke on the care they took to have the actors play it straight not to prevent it from being comedic, but to prevent it from becoming parody.  I don't expect you to understand the nuance, so I'll just cite what you used to cite Silence of the Lambs as a thriller.

The AFI institute named it the 93rd funniest film of all-time. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedic_device

Edited by Outpost31

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You are an (redacted) that is literally too (redacted) to get any common sense into.  You are worse than (redacted).  You're the kind of (redacted) that thinks you're smart.  Some people can admit they're (redacted) and I have no issue with them because they admit they're (redacted).  You're worse because you actually think that your (redacted) opinions are correct, and you ridicule people who you know know more than you do. 

There were literally two videos posted above that prove it's a comedy. 

Fargo fits literally every single Goddamn comedic device. 

Daniel literally posted a supercut of all the YEAH quotes from the film.

Repetition is literally the FIRST Comedic Device people go over when referring to comedy. 

if you've never heard the expression "Comedy is repetition," you're as (redacted) as you think I think you are. 

You can literally go through the list of every Goddamn comedic device and mark them off in every single Coen Brothers film that is clearly a comedy. 

Read through this.  Do your best to comprehend it.  I know it's going to be hard for you.

Repetition - Check.
Hyperbole - Check.
Understatement - Check.
Double entendre - Check.
Juxtaposition - Check.
Taboo - Check.
Comedic timing - Check.
Slapstick - Check.
Stereotype - LITERALLY THE BIGGEST ****ING CHECK IN THE HISTORY OF COMEDY THEY STEREOTYPED AN ENTIRE REGION OF THE COUNTRY.

Literally the only device the Coen Brothers don't use is Mistaken Identity, which is LITERALLY THE ENTIRE GODDAMN PLOT OF THE BIG LEBOWSKI.

Then you try to tell me the plot point of killing in-laws somehow precludes it from being a comedy? 

I'm not even going to waste the calorie it would take to type out every Goddamn comedy ever made dealing with dark matters.  Every single movie you nominated deals with prostitution, drug use, mass corruption, the end of the ****ing world.

If you don't believe me, take the ****ing director's words for it:

In the interview, they were asked about how they kept the characters from becoming parody.  They spoke on the care they took to have the actors play it straight not to prevent it from being comedic, but to prevent it from becoming parody.  I don't expect you to understand the nuance, so I'll just cite what you used to cite Silence of the Lambs as a thriller.

The AFI institute named it the 93rd funniest film of all-time. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedic_device

Think of it as a comedy, I really do not care.  Let me guess, you are from Wisconsin by chance?  My guess is yes.  

And AFI the same institute that named "Some Like It Hot" as the best comedy of all time?  Now just that fact alone discredits the entire list honestly, if Marilyn was not in that movie no one would have even watched it!   Sure probably will get nominated for that time period which is crap total, but overall that movie is not that damn funny either.

Chad is the patsy in Burn After Reading, he is the main reason the film is funny.  There is no real patsy in Fargo, what the dialect used is the patsy?  Steve Buscemi has some funny parts but I would not call him that hilarious in the film, and Frances McDormand is the heroine.  What her husband is the patsy or the general public that uses the dialect?  It is lacking that next level humor, you want to crap yourself in anger over me disagreeing with you go ahead.  

I was never a huge fan of The Big Lebowski either but at least that is a clear comedy no question about it.  Fargo has more to it as a movie than just being funny, The Big Lebowski does not.  Will see if it gets in for the 1990s, good luck.   

Just now, Ozzy said:

Chad is the patsy in Burn After Reading, he is the main reason the film is funny.  There is no real patsy in Fargo, what the dialect used is the patsy?  Steve Buscemi has some funny parts but I would not call him that hilarious in the film, and Frances McDormand is the heroine.  What her husband is the patsy or the general public that uses the dialect?  It is lacking that next level humor, you want to crap yourself in anger over me disagreeing with you go ahead. 

OMG, you think you know what you're talking about. 

I was never a huge fan of The Big Lebowski either but at least that is a clear comedy no question about it.  Fargo has more to it as a movie than just being funny, The Big Lebowski does not.  Will see if it gets in for the 1990s, good luck.   

I won't get into how The Big Lebowski follows literally the exact same formula of being a comedy neo noire because you wouldn't understand just like you don't understand how Fargo is a dark comedy crime drama.  Because you're too (redacted). 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I really hate how this list is used as justification for morons.  Der we'll see how it does on a football forum. 

Yet you post on this forum of morons to prove that they are more moronic than you?  Good job.  PS doubt you really know much about football anyway.  

22 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yet you post on this forum of morons to prove that they are more moronic than you?  Good job.  PS doubt you really know much about football anyway.  

Redacted.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

William H Macys character

21 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The problem is people don't know what dark comedy is.  I guarantee you people are going to lose their **** when people nominate Fargo for comedy. 

They joy of this is that you're the only one freaking out about it.