Injury updates Kelley, Foster, Moses etc

turtle28

Kelley only has a cartalidge injury in his ribs and not broken ribs. He may play this weekend but probably won't, Gruden said it's all about pain tolerance. 

Foster is going to have a second option on his dislocated shoulder and labrum injury.

Moses has an ankle injury that has forced him out of a few plays in each game but I don't think he's expected to miss any time.

Nicholson & Norman are both dealing with ac joint sprains in their shoulders but they are 1st grade sprains and aren't expected to miss any time.

Reed has a chest contusion and came back into the game on Sunday. I don't think he will miss any game action.

2 hours ago, mar29020 said:

kelly is the will compton of running backs. he sucks and will hold us back.

I guess that's a fair comparison although I think Kelley has more athletic ability than Compton, I definitely think they both have a little bit of that "teachers pet" to them, where they weren't/aren't really better than those they replaced and started over but the coaches and in Compton's case, even McCloughan liked him.

What really sucks is we got rid of Keenan Robinson and Perry Riley because McCloughan and the coaching staff liked them better than Robinson and Riley. In reality Robinson and Riley had potential to become a really solid tandem for us at ILB and they were still developing into what they could become. I definitely think we overpaid for Riley but at the same time, we didn't have an ILB with his athletic ability on the team last year, unless you want to consider Cravens an ILB, which he was last year.

Anyways, I didn't agree with moving on from them to last year and I think it probably in the end cost us a game, maybe 2 because instead we went with ILBs who may have been smarter but they weren't as good of athletes and it hurt us, especially on 3rd downs and in tackling.

All that being said, I'm more than pleased with this where tandem. They look great. I just wish we had either Keenan or Riley still as a reserve instead of Compton. I like Compton as a leader and his smarts, I just think he's so below average as an athlete that it really hurts our defense when he's out there. Basically teams target him.

If Foster can't go, I hope they start Spaight in his place instead of Compton but I'm sure they won't.

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Aren't both Riley and Robinson out of the NFL? 

Robinson is a back up in New York, I do think that Riley is unemployed but from what I remember he was pretty solid at MLB for Oak last year.

The main point is, would you rather have Compton, or one of those 2? And Robinson would be perfect as a nickle/dime ILB role. He's every bit as athletic as most strong safeties and was always good in coverage and blitzing, he just got overwhelmed and wasn't good vs the run.

Archived