Coronavirus Lockdown Special: QB Galore Mock Draft - Three Rounds

BayRaider

So every year we hear about WR/CB/LB's going at the top of the draft, and a lot of times they don't. QB/OT/DT/DE are the four most important positions in the NFL. And this class is absolutely loaded with that in the Top 10. Everyone raves about the WR Class, but this is possibly the best Top 5 OT Class I have ever witnessed. Even Austin Jackson, who I think is going to be a massive draft day riser.

Teams could have Jordan Love and Justin Herbert closer to Burrow and Tua than we think. And it's no shocker the Dolphins and Chargers need a franchise QB.

Mock Draft (click link):

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/ppkEDbhYyV

Trades:

- Chargers trade Pick 37 for OT Trent Williams

- Patriots Trade 4th Round Pick to Redskins for QB Alex Smith

- Panthers trade #7, #38, Cam Newton to Redskins for #2, 2020 4th Round Pick

- Chargers trade #6, 2021 2nd Round Pick to Giants for #4

- Broncos trade #15, #77, 5th Round Pick to Jets for #11

- Buccaneers trade #14 to Saints for #24, #88, 2021 2nd Round Pick

Notes:

- Very Trench Heavy and QB Heavy in the Top 10. Once again, best OT class in ages. Four studs. We also have four potential Franchise QB's.

- Patriots starter: Alex Smith, with Anthony Gordon and Jarrett Stidham waiting in the wings.

- Bucs revamp their Offense with Tom Brady, Josh Jones, and J.K. Dobbins

- Panthers redshirt Tua and have Teddy start this season. Tua/Brady should be a match made in heaven.

- Chargers are rumored to like Jordan Love more than Herbert from what I hear. Lynn wants more of a pure passer than Herbert, who isn't a better pure passer than Love, but a better decision maker than Love.

- Broncos ravish the opportunity to trade up to 11, jumping the CB Hungry Raiders, and get someone who could be the best player of the draft: Jeffrey Okudah.

- Cowboys get Jacob Eason in the 3rd Round while Dak plays on the Franchise Tag. Will Eason show out in Pre Season and Training Camp, forcing Dak to take a Team Friendly Deal? Melty Soap Opera Drama here.

- Bengals keep Dalton as a luxury backup, waiting for a desperate team with a QB injury to come knocking early in the season

Edited by BayRaider

Excellent first two rounds for the Bengals.  I like the OT pick in the third, but right now we literally have one LB on the roster in Pratt.  Spo even tho we went with Queen, I'm going Malik Harrison in the third  Harrison plays SAM, Queen plays WILL in even fronts, with Pratt in between them.  Even in odd fronts and nickel/dime, I would think both Queen and Harrison stay on the field

I'd actually be happy with that for Tennessee.  I think they try to trade down and I'd really like an OT in the first three, but Brycen Hopkins is better than any OTs there, and is too good a value in the third to pass up, and another TE would be helpful.  BPA, yo.

AJ Terrell went a little early IMO, but I prefer Diggs to him, and that's just a difference in preferences.  Madubuike is a beast and about as perfect a replacement for Casey that you could find in the second.

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

- Chargers are rumored to like Jordan Love more than Herbert from what I hear. Lynn wants more of a pure passer than Herbert, who isn't a better pure passer than Love, but a better decision maker than Love.

From whom?  Because there's like two draftnik/Twitter analysts that have had any consistent bead over the years on what the Chargers do and the rest are all batting "Matt Miller" (for those who forget, Miller was the one, in the year that the Chargers were sitting at #3 overall and ended up selecting Bosa, who they'd been sold on since late December/early January, who swore up and down that the Chargers loved and "a source told him" they were going to take Ronnie Stanley; mind you this was before the whole Laremy Tunsil's gas-mask fiasco surfaced).  If it's not coming from Daniel Jeremiah or Jim Trotter there's a good chance it's just smoke and speculation, not anything backed by any substance.  Just my two sense on having followed that whole media scene for a while.  Kyle Posey, who now edits for the Niners' SB Nation site, has some inlays into Camp Chargers, but even his connection typically doesn't have anything noteworthy until day-of or right thereabouts.

I also genuinely don't get the continued resistance to giving the Rams an EDGE (a need at this point) who they've visited with and who showed out at the Senior Bowl - which has been an indicator for guys that Les Snead has drafted early on of late?  That being Josh Uche.  In your last edition, I get it, he was off the board, but you felt he was good enough to go earlier than the Rams pick in that edition, but when he's available at that pick in this draft, you opt for a why that's a questionable fit at a position which isn't all that pressing, given we're no longer running a Phillips-Burroughs 3-4.

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

- Patriots starter: Alex Smith, with Anthony Gordon and Jarrett Stidham waiting in the wings.

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Patriots Trade 4th Round Pick to Redskins for QB Alex Smith

Pats fan.  I will hold off on nice draft til I take look at the Pats picks. :D

I haven't looked at your draft yet but your comments are spot on.

Best Idea I seen so far. Exactly the scenario I had in mind. Vet cheap and a flyer in the later rounds.   IMO Stidman is the starter and the Pats will go to camp with him at #1. They will bring in a vet and Smith would be perfect as long as he cheap due to cap limitations. Anthony Gorden is my sleeper in the lower rounds where the Pats can take  a flyer on him. The only negative I see is a 4th is to much and Smith health. Everyone on the planet knows the Redskins want to move on from Smith and will basically give him away or cut him with health designation.  EX on a trade for Smith.  Trade 6th RD that turns info a 4/5 RD based on playing time.

----------------------------------------------------------------

OK,  A follow up to your draft.

I not a fan of your selections but you hit on positions of need. A major reach for Anthony Gordon. There is no way you can justify a 3rd RD selection and I like him. 

IMO  A.J. Epenesa (reminds me of Richard Seymour type in the Pats defense) would be the pick based on your mock. Tyler Biadasz great pick. Quartney Davis, your cons in his BIO, tell me why the Pats won't take him. I would take Moss.   One reason TE very weak draft and WR loaded.  I like Moss because he's a 2 way TE.

PS - I read or heard that 25 WR have a 1st and 2nd round grade! Also you have J Hurts in the 3RD. The Pats would maybe make a trade  to get him. Finally  In no way I'm comparing AJ to Seymour talent.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1