Kudos

dll2000

You know I have to hand it to this sub forum over last 5 years.

Without hindsight many regulars here timely (not everyone there was debate pro and con for each, but more than one was dead on with each issue):

1) Pounded table for Mahomes from early offseason and long before draft (I was not one of them sadly - wish I was).  

2) Did not want Floyd.

3) Did not want White.

4) Did not want Shaheen.

5) Wanted Hooper in draft.

6) Wanted Chris Jones in draft.

7) Wanted Bears to address OT in 2016 of which there were several good options. 

8) Wanted Bears to pick up Hunt (who would be our best RB right now).

Its not all negatives.  It is easy to predict failure and be usually right as most fail.  A lot of reporters make their living patting themselves on back that this guy or that guy will fail.   But as you can see people called Mahomes, called Hooper, called Chris Jones, etc.  

We have people that don’t agree, but that bring reasons to their opinions and not just snark and attacks on poster.  

Why I stick around.  

Edited by dll2000
Typo
  • Like 5

I'd say we have some really good,  albeit sometimes biased (like me with my Gators),  eyes in this subforum overall.  We're all have so he home runs and flops but for people doing this in their spare time for entertainment value only? Pretty damn good.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Without hindsight many regulars here timely (not everyone there was debate pro and con for each, but more than one was dead on with each issue):

1) Pounded table for Mahomes from early offseason and long before draft (I was not one of them sadly - wish I was).  

2) Did not want Floyd.

3) Did not want White.

4) Did not want Shaheen.

5) Wanted Hooper in draft.

6) Wanted Chris Jones in draft.

7) Wanted Bears to address OT in 2016 of which there were several good options. 

8) Wanted Bears to pick up Hunt (who would be our best RB right now).

I missed on Mahomes as well.  I was all in on Trubisky figuring that after Cutler the Bears didn't want another gunslinger.  Bad thinking on our part.

Definitely did not want Floyd.  SEC "Tweeners" never succeed as NFL Edge Rushers.

Didn't even know who the hell Shaheen was 'til we drafted him but it's not my style to risk a guy that high with his college background.

Same with Hooper.  Guess I'm not any better on TE than Pace.

So we took Cody Whitehair instead of Jones.  Can't be too unhappy with that.

In hindsight not taking Floyd and trading back then taking an OT would have been smarter.

Lukewarm on our picking up Hunt and I don't think the McCaskey's would have been OK with it either.

I'll be fair and point out that despite liking mahomes, not being into Floyd or white, and liking hunt after his senior Bowl....( *Edit I was also very right about Jack Conklin.) 

That I was also happy with shaheen (didn't know him pre draft but liked his potential after learning post draft), was VERY HIGH on both Tavon Austin and Dri Archer (and they are a major reason I'm not able to get behind KJ Hamler this year), and had Rasheed Hageman just BARELY below Aaron Donald for their draft class. 

I'm sure there's a laundry list of other prospects we've all had poor evals for, that ended up being studs. Or people we had glowing evals for that ended up being average at best, or outright awful. 

Edited by Epyon

I really, really wanted Watson. Was fine with Trubisky once I knew a little more about him (as I had more trust in Pace back then). 

Didn't want Floyd. Became willing to give him a shot, though. 

The White pick scared the hell out of me.

Was fine with Shaheen once I read up on him. Surprised me as a second round pick I basically hadn't heard of. (Or much of.)

Wanted OT in '16. Thought it was a no-brainer.