DeMaurice Smith unanimously reelected as head of NFLPA.

cp0k2

39 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Just read this yesterday and I wonder if the players get pressured or forced into this somehow? I legit can't see any other reason.....

I feel like its similar to when people who don't pay attention to politics, but want to vote, and just vote for the guy who's in office or who's signs and billboards they remember because he's the one they know and they don't know anyone else on the ballot. I'm pretty sure that people who are deceased have been elected / re-elected into office because of that (I know a city in California elected a dead guy as treasurer last year).

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I feel like its similar to when people who don't pay attention to politics, but want to vote, and just vote for the guy who's in office or who's signs and billboards they remember because he's the one they know and they don't know anyone else on the ballot. I'm pretty sure that people who are deceased have been elected / re-elected into office because of that (I know a city in California elected a dead guy as treasurer last year).

That's a good thought. Especially when you consider that some players, and even some coaches, don't really care about the political side of things and just kinda go with the flow. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

(I know a city in California elected a dead guy as treasurer last year).

:D That is funny as heck, but man, that had to be embarrassing for both sides. The people who voted, and for those responsible for putting him on the ballot in the first place.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The problem with this is it was like 14-0 so it was the selection committee not the entire union. It wasn't even like 64-0 meaning the 2 player reps for each team. So not all players had a say in this. I read that if 7 of the 14 would've voted against him then it would've gone to a vote of the player reps 

1 hour ago, stallyns said:

The problem with this is it was like 14-0 so it was the selection committee not the entire union. It wasn't even like 64-0 meaning the 2 player reps for each team. So not all players had a say in this. I read that if 7 of the 14 would've voted against him then it would've gone to a vote of the player reps 

Ted Johnson was saying that all it took was a single vote - 13 to 1, it goes to player vote.

A lot of people are speculating this was a rigged process for Smith to win.

7 hours ago, texans_uk said:

NFL players aren't generally the brightest of characters. 

IMO its hard for them to really stand up against them. Their careers are already so short and with contracts not being guaranteed, its hard for players to truly strike because they will miss out on money. Unlike MLB and NFL. NFL prime is a lot shorter, so players wouldnt want to miss a year of their prime. NFL has the worse players union/cba  

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Ted Johnson was saying that all it took was a single vote - 13 to 1, it goes to player vote.

A lot of people are speculating this was a rigged process for Smith to win.

Just for the sake of discussion, how do you think the process could be rigged, and why? Is Smith suspected of being a stooge for Goodell or something?

Archived