Signed: LB Jatavis Brown (1yr deal)

Free agent linebacker Jatavis Brown is signing with the #Eagles on a one year deal, per

Schefter reported too

Jatavis Brown is one of the fastest LBs in the league, but he lost his starting job last season due to poor performance.
Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Wasn't he benched because he sucked last year?

I don’t watch much Charger games, I dunno. You don’t get benched because you’re good though. Maybe a change in schematics? I read he had 15 sacks his senior year in college so he has some skills. Im sure this is depth and STs. Maybe even a blitz package. But we have little at LB. Im ok just throwing stuff at the wall for now. Clearly they aren’t putting major resources into the position. 

35 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Kinda failed to mention his benching last year. Who knows what happened and what we have in store for him. 

They signed Thomas Davis, who played 82% of the snaps this year. So maybe they were in base way more often, they sucked so teams would be running way more. if I had to guess looking at numbers.

Previous year he had the most snaps at 61% amongst their LBs. 

would need to ask a Chargers fan

From Rotoworld 

Brown was a starter in each of his first three seasons but was sent to backup duties in 2019 after the Chargers signed Thomas Davis. Only 26 years old, Brown should compete for a starting spot or end up as a high-level rotational player in Philly. When Brown was starting, he was a decently productive player, making at least 79 tackles in three-straight seasons while lining up at different spots in the Chargers' hybrid defense.