Crowell is grumpy.

LETSGOBROWNIES

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not directed towards @LETSGOBROWNIES but I find it funny how all of these analyst and fans complain about Crowell hitting the supposed "correct hole" when they don't know the play call. 

correct that we dont know the play call but you can make a really good educated guess by the way it is blocked. 

Also its not hard to tell that Crow messed up when he is running up the backs of one of his lineman  

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

correct that we dont know the play call but you can make a really good educated guess by the way it is blocked. 

Also its not hard to tell that Crow messed up when he is running up the backs of one of his lineman  

The numerous false steps indicate he knows where he hold go, but is looking for an even bigger play that never develops.

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If this is our offense Crowell isn't the best option anyway. I think we need a good blitz picker upper, good receiver (Crowell has been pretty good at that) and a quick/shifty draw type runner. Crowell would work better with a steady amount of carries with a QB who can easily pick up 3rd and short and occasionally he breaks a 15 yarder here and there and ends up with 22 carries for 115 yards.

Yea, but, unfortunately for him the Pats already have their 3 RBs for the season xD

He hasn't been doing great, but, looking at it from his point of view, we also are quick to just pass and rely on our WRs to get open (which hardly ever happens), not to mention he is probably upset that on 1st and like goal at the 2 yard line was it? We tried a QB sneak instead of handing the ball to Crow and Kizer got the ball stripped from him.

I mean, just watching the Rams game today, you can see how McVay isn't putting too much pressure on Goff and instead focuses on establishing a run game and letting Goff get into a rhythm with short - intermediate throws and tossing a deep pass when the defense gets caught off guard due to the run game and short passes. Granted the 49ers defense isn't one of the top, but, I also watched the Colts/Rams game (fantasy football lol) and it was the same plan; establish a run game with short to intermediate passes before going deep.

I'm sure the game plan will change as Goff develops, but, this is what I want for Kizer. Honestly, just watching the 2 games we've played, it always seems like Kizer is looking for a deep pass if he isn't handing it off, I know I'm probably wrong, but, to me it seems Kizer is always wanting to throw it 10+ yards every time, which isn't the greatest plan with our receiving corps.

4 hours ago, Onizuka said:

Yea, but, unfortunately for him the Pats already have their 3 RBs for the season xD

He hasn't been doing great, but, looking at it from his point of view, we also are quick to just pass and rely on our WRs to get open (which hardly ever happens), not to mention he is probably upset that on 1st and like goal at the 2 yard line was it? We tried a QB sneak instead of handing the ball to Crow and Kizer got the ball stripped from him.

I mean, just watching the Rams game today, you can see how McVay isn't putting too much pressure on Goff and instead focuses on establishing a run game and letting Goff get into a rhythm with short - intermediate throws and tossing a deep pass when the defense gets caught off guard due to the run game and short passes. Granted the 49ers defense isn't one of the top, but, I also watched the Colts/Rams game (fantasy football lol) and it was the same plan; establish a run game with short to intermediate passes before going deep.

I'm sure the game plan will change as Goff develops, but, this is what I want for Kizer. Honestly, just watching the 2 games we've played, it always seems like Kizer is looking for a deep pass if he isn't handing it off, I know I'm probably wrong, but, to me it seems Kizer is always wanting to throw it 10+ yards every time, which isn't the greatest plan with our receiving corps.

Goff isn't a rookie, he should be much further ahead of Kizer.

Also, the 9ers and Colts aren't exactly the Ravens and Steelers.

5 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

The numerous false steps indicate he knows where he hold go, but is looking for an even bigger play that never develops.

Yeah last year he let the plays come to him and now he is just trying to force it. He is picking up where he left off last year. Beginning of last year he has a good run. Broke off some big plays and was having solid performances. To me that's why he had such a bad November. Had a solid sept and oct but than tried to force it. Lead to a bad November and he started to let it come to him and had a good rest of the year. I feel like he is doing it all over again but is forcing it even more because of the contract. It's like he touches the ball and has the mind set that he needs to rip off 10/15yards a pop every carry. He has to realize that taking the 3/4yards will lead to the big runs which will lead to a big contract. 

44 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah last year he let the plays come to him and now he is just trying to force it. He is picking up where he left off last year. Beginning of last year he has a good run. Broke off some big plays and was having solid performances. To me that's why he had such a bad November. Had a solid sept and oct but than tried to force it. Lead to a bad November and he started to let it come to him and had a good rest of the year. I feel like he is doing it all over again but is forcing it even more because of the contract. It's like he touches the ball and has the mind set that he needs to rip off 10/15yards a pop every carry. He has to realize that taking the 3/4yards will lead to the big runs which will lead to a big contract. 

How much does this have to do with the cohesion of the line?, do we know that he can't do it by himself? isn't it a coincidence that when we has our best groove as an OL, he has his best games? Crowell does have his issues, but we can have the best back in the league and still have the same issues running the ball given our current state of our OL. You cannot put one before the other, you can't put the cart before the horse...

Also, what more disheartening is that Baltimore ran for 130+ against us with a patchwork OL and didn't miss a beat....this is where my anger and frustration comes from...

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

How much does this have to do with the cohesion of the line?, do we know that he can't do it by himself? isn't it a coincidence that when we has our best groove as an OL, he has his best games? Crowell does have his issues, but we can have the best back in the league and still have the same issues running the ball given our current state of our OL. You cannot put one before the other, you can't put the cart before the horse...

Also, what more disheartening is that Baltimore ran for 130+ against us with a patchwork OL and didn't miss a beat....this is where my anger and frustration comes from...

cohesion of the OL will help but some of the issues has been Crowell doing his best TRich impression and missing holes that were open by the OL

On 9/22/2017 at 6:46 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Goff isn't a rookie, he should be much further ahead of Kizer.

Also, the 9ers and Colts aren't exactly the Ravens and Steelers.

Yes, this is Goff's 2nd year, but, he had Fisher has his HC last season........

I never compared the defenses the Rams have played vs the Ravens/Steelers....I think you missed the point I was trying to make. Right now our offense seems too complicated for a rookie QB, where as if you watch how Goff is being handled, it is night and day. You see the Rams relying a lot on Gurley and quick throws with intermediate to deep passes dialed up when the defenses let up a bit. 

Just in case you miss it again...I'm not saying, let's be the Rams. I just think our offense needs to be more rookie friendly, Kizer seems to always be looking for deep passes and holding onto the ball what looks like an average of 5+ seconds before taking a sack or making a mistake.

Archived