Raiders sign Nelson Agholor

daineraider

The Falcons game was there to be won with a perfect pass in his hands... he dropped that.

The Patriots game would head to OT when Wentz does an amazing job to avoid the rush and launch a prayer that Agholor gets both hands on in the back of the end zone ... dropped.

It was not a pretty throw or a perfect throw but it was a catchable throw.

I don't care if he dropped 4 or 6 or 2. He lost 2 games by himself.

Nothing wrong with Agholor on a cheap one year deal. Good speed/quickness and very elusive but his hands are awful. Also might be the worst WR I've ever seen at tracking the deep ball. Maybe he'll put something together and provide value as a role player but I have my doubts. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PhillyTiger said:

Nothing wrong with Agholor on a cheap one year deal. Good speed/quickness and very elusive but his hands are awful. Also might be the worst WR I've ever seen at tracking the deep ball. Maybe he'll put something together and provide value as a role player but I have my doubts. 

Troy Williamson would like a word with you.

2 hours ago, PhillyTiger said:

Perfect because Carr and our O don't take many shots. Most are shot timing throws which I think fit his skills set more. Improves our depth so there's that. Not expected him to be great or anything.

• Like 1

For a cheap 1 year deal he is definitely worth it for the Raiders. He should fit in well with the short passing game being a large part of Raiders offense under Carr.  Also, I think getting out of Philly where the media and fans are very critical of its players and to a team where he doesn't have the expectations of a first round pick will be good for him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PhillyTiger said:

He's a reliable punt returner isn't he? Seems crazy he can track and catch punts

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Perfect because Carr and our O don't take many shots. Most are shot timing throws which I think fit his skills set more. Improves our depth so there's that. Not expected him to be great or anything.

Yeah Aghlor should be able to use his speed and route running to be a nice conservative check down option for Carr (even us “Carr-stans” admit his propensity to check Down so often can be annoying) on drag routes and get YAC.  It seems like his drops aren’t a matter of frequency more timing and most often on deep passes where he doesn’t track the ball well.... odd considering he was a college PR’er with some KR’s).

it was a low budget signing and really only had upside imo.  He won’t be asked to be the first or second WR.  He’s here to compliment Renfrow and bring speed to the slot.  I don’t expect a career year but do think he can give us .around 40-45 catches, 500+ yards, and 4-6 TDs.