Who is the player that drops?

BZski

It happens every year where a player unanimously projected in rd 1 in all the mocks drops to rd 2 (Jawan Taylor, Miles Jack, AShawn Robinson, Greedy williams, etc.). Who will be that player this year?

Here are the guys I think have a chance to drop to rd 2:

DE- AJ Epenesa

OT- Andrew Thomas- Just seems like he has been past by Wirfs, Wills, Beacton, and maybe even Jones.

Any of the WRs really- Draft is so deep at WR I can see a lot of teams passing on one in rd 1. Obviously Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs go rd 1 but the others projected I can see dropping to rd 2.

Super surprise maybe DT- Derrick Brown? Did have great workout at combine. I can see maybe Kinlaw and Blaylock leaping him. Probably not but I wouldnt be super shocked if teams dont see him as a fit in a particular scheme and only see him as a run stuffer.

• Like 1

Tee Higgins. I could see him sliding quite far.

Trevon Diggs. I don’t think he’s very good and now we have no times on him. The times were expected to be bleh. 

Jordan Love. I don’t think teams will have the kind of love for him that some seem to think. Too risky.

Does anyone like Jared Pinckney anymore? Because he sucks and used to get late 1st round hype. 

Edited by BleedTheClock

Tua Tagovailoa -- the whole teams can't meet with prospects might drop him if Chargers go LT and Miami is more comfortable with Herbert. His proday was also canceled and with teams mostly talking health at the combine I'm thinking there might be less familiarity than normal. Still first round though.

Centers like Biadasz, Ruiz, Cushenberry I've seen mocked in the first and Hennessy and Nick Harris in the second. I don't think that many teams are going to hit center up so early and a couple fall. I think Biadasz is the falling prospect with the hip questions and the most hype (I think?).

Edited by Trojan

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Tee Higgins. I could see him sliding quite far.

Trevon Diggs. I don’t think he’s very good and now we have no times on him. The times were expected to be bleh. 

Jordan Love. I don’t think teams will have the kind of love for him that some seem to think. Too risky.

Does anyone like Jared Pinckney anymore? Because he sucks and used to get late 1st round hype. 

Tee Higgins at 42 would be lovely.

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Tee Higgins. I could see him sliding quite far..

He's a good pick to slide.  I would put Okudah up there too.  He did not impress at the combine and the class is stacked at the position.

Love, of course, just because of overhype more than actual sliding.  But if 3 QBs really do go top 10, and I have my doubts about that, someone might panic.

I'd put Kinlaw up there as a candidate too.  Brown is pretty universally over him, and there are off the field concerns.  DTs are always candidates to go later than usual, and he's not gonna be first.

51 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He's a good pick to slide.  I would put Okudah up there too.  He did not impress at the combine and the class is stacked at the position.

Love, of course, just because of overhype more than actual sliding.  But if 3 QBs really do go top 10, and I have my doubts about that, someone might panic.

I'd put Kinlaw up there as a candidate too.  Brown is pretty universally over him, and there are off the field concerns.  DTs are always candidates to go later than usual, and he's not gonna be first.

I don’t think this class is stacked at corner at all

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

Okudah didn’t have a bad combine at all. He didn’t test like an absolute freak of nature, but his numbers were above average in just about everything. He won’t slide. 

I think Love ends up like Drew Lock. We all see the concerns, but everyone assumes 1 team falls in love and takes him way too early. Have a feeling it doesn’t happen. 

Kinlaw? By all accounts, he’s got excellent character from what I’ve seen and heard. Plus he’s a freaking beast. He doesn’t always play as hard as he should, but you could say that about every 300+ pounder in NFL history. I don’t see him falling out of the top 15. 

9 hours ago, Counselor said:

I don’t think this class is stacked at corner at all

It’s very shallow. Here are a list of players that I think will be good:

1. Jeffery Okudah

2. CJ Henderson

3. Essang Bassey

4. Bryce Hall

5. Trajan Bandy

unless I’m forgetting someone, these are the only dudes that I think become high end starters. And Bandy is a NCB, not an outside #1 or #2. 

• Like 1