Raiders sign TE Nick O'leary

RaidersAreOne

37 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Witten won’t play ST, Carrier does. Moreau might end up on PUP. 

Can’t help thinking Witten is a training camp signing/insurance if Waller goes down. Wouldn’t be surprised if Witten isn’t on the opening day roster. 

Agreed. If moreau and waller is healthy for game 1. I'll be shocked Witten made the roster. Its gonna break Moreau heart.. 

13 hours ago, Dessie said:

Witten won’t play ST, Carrier does. Moreau might end up on PUP. 

Can’t help thinking Witten is a training camp signing/insurance if Waller goes down. Wouldn’t be surprised if Witten isn’t on the opening day roster. 

According to reports Witten’s salary is guaranteed and if so no way we pay him 4m and cut him

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

According to reports Witten’s salary is guaranteed and if so no way we pay him 4m and cut him

That would depend on whether the $4m is fully guaranteed. If it is then sure we ain’t gonna cut him. I’d be surprised and disappointed if it was though.

58 minutes ago, Dessie said:

We moved all his guaranteed money when we had the cap space to avoid paying it the following year. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/22/jordy-nelsons-new-deal-with-raiders-is-essentially-1-year-contract/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/why-raiders-cut-jordy-nelson-aj-mccarron-left-door-open-return%3famp

if I remember correctly and I could be wrong, his ‘19 salary and roster bonus weren’t guaranteed but not injury and he wasn’t injured.  We paid him the bonus early and before the ‘18 league year ended to spread the hit over ‘18 And ‘19.  (We could have just carried the additional unspent money over anyway).  Then we decided we didn’t want him and cut him.

therefore wasting the entire bonus, 3.6M.

we did a similar thing with Justin Ellis. We all knew he wasn’t gonna make the team but we paid him his roster bonus and brought him to camp and cut him and wasted 2.25M.  Then he went on IR and his 2.25 salary was owed to him too.  But I think that salary was guaranteed.

we paid Breno Giacomini $1M Signing Bonus (plus .3M Workout Bonus) to be a backup RT through out camp, despite him being such a scrub there was no way he’d ever make the team.

i realize there will always be dead money and you gotta take some losses in the game, but the just blatantly dumb moves that cost us really hurt, especially now when your up against the cap trying to scrape up a few bucks to get a good deal on someone like Damarious Randall 

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

That would depend on whether the $4m is fully guaranteed. If it is then sure we ain’t gonna cut him. I’d be surprised and disappointed if it was though.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/03/contract-details-lawson-trufant-ward-witten

Jason Witten (Raiders), One year, $4MM, $3.5MM guaranteed; salary 2020: $3.5MM (fully guaranteed); $500k in per-game roster bonuses, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL.com.

Spotrac (who isn’t the most reliable, I know; they tend to just steal other people’s info and not source their own) said the salary is fully guaranteed at signing.  
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/jason-witten-2461/

Unless Tom P is incorrect, as all the info seems to come from his tweet, Witten’s $3.5M salary is 100% getting paid to him If he makes the team or not.  And that kind of makes sense, they guy isn’t going to come to a new team after 17? years With the same team only to bust his *** get cut for nothing but some per diem’s.  

I wish it wasn’t true too, I’d be nice to get that $4.0M back after camp.