Who is the better QB: Drew Brees or Jared Goff

tyler735

Brees vs Goff  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB is better?

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

A good way to avoid that would be to not actually call out other members as trolls. 

Leave that **** up to the moderators. Avoid counter-posting, or bold accusations if reporting doesn't work as fast as you'd like. Or even HOW you'd like.

Keep a level head. Realize everyone doesn't agree. 

This thread should be locked. No one actually believes Goff is a better QB than Brees. Anyone that read the thread referenced that understands sarcasm will agree to that. All comments of that nature were in a joking manner with the only legit one being Goff first 4 years is better than Brees first 4 years. But that isn't what is being compared. Obviously Brees is the better QB. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

This thread should be locked. No one actually believes Goff is a better QB than Brees. Anyone that read the thread referenced that understands sarcasm will agree to that. All comments of that nature were in a joking manner with the only legit one being Goff first 4 years is better than Brees first 4 years. But that isn't what is being compared. Obviously Brees is the better QB. 

I can't disagree. And maybe this should be locked, but folks can post any number of different types of weird things. 

Brees is really good lol. He’s a top 10

QB for me. Not too 5.. Way too many losing seasons as an elite QB. But he’s a special boy. Goff isn’t there yet. He might get there and I believe he will! But only time will tell. I see you though Tyler lol.. Tell you what though. If I need a QB to beat the saints in a 1 and done playoff scenario! I’m picking Goff dudes owns the saints. 

http://pfref.com/tiny/q9f77

first 4 years. Goff 2-2 playoff record. Brees 0-1

Goff, Yards //14,219// COMP% 62.4// TOTAL TDS 93// RATING 91.9// SACKED 106// INT 42 

Brees, Yards// 8772// COMP%61.3// TOTAL TDS 59// RATING 83.2// SACKED 65 // INT 38

breh.. Goff is isshing on Brees. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Goff versus Peyton Manning?

Jesus. Lol. My man. What do you want? Facts were proven. At the Rate Goff is going he’s going to smash Brees lol. The comparison isn’t between Goff and manning or Goff or Brady. Those fans aren’t insecure enough to make a comparison to a 4th year player. 

Idk what else is to do. Which makes this thread bad. We have to compare a 20 year career to a 4 year career. Ohhhhh! But comparing their first 4 doesn’t fit the narrative. Oh my oh my. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Are people really comparing the 2000s era to the current era on a 1:1 basis?  Brees would have put up much better stats if his first four years were in this era.

Brees was a second round pick with a weak arm. I remember the chargers drafting him.. I remember Him playing. It’s hilarious that now using hindsight he was a monster prospect lol. We are comparing what we can! I could turn around and say how silly it is to compare a 20 year career to a 4 year career. Of course Brees wins. I literally watched The chargers play every week. Only team I could watch living in La lol. Team was powered by a run game. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Brees was a second round pick with a weak arm. I remember the chargers drafting him.. I remember Him playing. It’s hilarious that now using hindsight he was a monster prospect lol. We are comparing what we can! I could turn around and say how silly it is to compare a 20 year career to a 4 year career. Of course Brees wins. I literally watched The chargers play every week. Only team I could watch living in La lol. Team was powered by a run game. 

I agree it's silly to compare first 4 years or entire careers.  One isn't fair to Brees, one isn't fair to Goff.  But I think it's clear Brees is a better QB right now, which is what I think the OP was asking.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I agree it's silly to compare first 4 years or entire careers.  One isn't fair to Brees, one isn't fair to Goff.  But I think it's clear Brees is a better QB right now, which is what I think the OP was asking.

No cap. 

Brees is a HOF QB by all accounts, but Goff is made out to be one of the worst QBs to ever take a snap in this league by some. 

Goff’s first four years in the league has been better than Brees. He’s taken a team to the Super Bowl. He’s been the cornerstone of consistently high scoring teams: 2017 - 1st, 2018 - 2nd & 2019 - 11th. He had the 31st rated OL in 2019 and the team was 26th in rushing. He had bad moments, but he’s not a bum - not by a long way. He’s a good NFL QB who should be given his credit.