Who is the better QB: Drew Brees or Jared Goff

tyler735

Brees vs Goff  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB is better?

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Are people really comparing the 2000s era to the current era on a 1:1 basis?  Brees would have put up much better stats if his first four years were in this era.

If we are using that logic David Carr wouldve been great because he was getting killed behind that bad Texans oline. In this era where you cant touch the QB, Carr wouldve been able to stand up and deliver the football without worrying about getting killed like he did thus he wouldve been very productive. 

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

If we are using that logic David Carr wouldve been great because he was getting killed behind that bad Texans oline. In this era where you cant touch the QB, Carr wouldve been able to stand up and deliver the football without worrying about getting killed like he did thus he wouldve been very productive. 

I mean, I wouldn’t use the term “great”, but it’s possible Carr wouldn’t have been a bust in today’s era. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

14 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Brees was a second round pick with a weak arm. I remember the chargers drafting him.. I remember Him playing. It’s hilarious that now using hindsight he was a monster prospect lol. We are comparing what we can! I could turn around and say how silly it is to compare a 20 year career to a 4 year career. Of course Brees wins. I literally watched The chargers play every week. Only team I could watch living in La lol. Team was powered by a run game. 

You remember so much who were his receivers without looking them up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

You remember so much who were his receivers without looking them up.

This is so dumb.. One can simply use google. Hell I even talked about this in the gates vs Witten thread!!

been watching football for a while. 😘

Didnt Brees lead the NFL in interceptions back in 2016? I forget the year but I know he led the NFL in interceptions one year.

Also during Wentz MVP caliber season before he got hurt he led all QBs in possible turnovers. That means interceptions that were dropped or fumbles that werent recovered by the opposing team.

Nobody talks about in 2017 and 2018 how Goff took care of the ball very well. He had one terrible year and now he is turnover prone. At least see what Goff does this season and even the season afterwards  to determine if he is turnover prone. We live in a society that one game or one season determines everything but it shouldnt work that way. 

Back on May 28, 2019 Cameron DaSilva wrote this about Goff and him achieving something historic. So again you can take one season of Goff and act like thats who he is or has always been but let what was wrote sink in and please try to explain it.  

"If you widen the scope and reduce the minimum pass attempts to 500, only two other quarterbacks join the list: Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. Mahomes’ touchdown percentage is a mind-boggling 8.1%, while Watson’s is 6.3%. Goff’s is 5.2% with a touchdown rate of 2.09%.

If you exclude Goff’s rookie season, his touchdown percentage is 5.8% and his interception rate is 1.8%, which would be the second-lowest of the group.

Goff may not get the recognition of being a top-tier quarterback, but his numbers the last two seasons suggest he’s performed well above average. Granted, there are other factors that go into it, like his frequent fumbles, struggles against great defenses and the weapons that he has around him – Sean McVay’s mind, included – but Goff is clearly one of the better quarterbacks in the game today."

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 2

Ok so this thread needs to be locked because its ridiculous. People claiming Goff sucks and Goff is closer to Ryan Fitzpatrick. The same guy who is (33-14) over the past 3 seasons. (2-2) in the playoffs and led his team to the Superbowl. How many QBs have at least 33 wins over the past 3 seasons? In 2018 he had more 4th/OT comebacks than Drew Brees himself and in general was top 3 among QBs that season in 4th/OT comebacks. In true road games including the playoffs over the past 3 seasons Goff is (18-6). How many QBs have at least 18 true road playoff victories over the past 3 seasons? Like you dont have to like Goff or think he is elite or even great to realize thats impressive. Its not just all McVay or all the talent around him. Goff had alot to do with the success too. At this point those who arent giving Goff his due is just hating on him. 

Ill say it again, I think just on career resume alone and accomplishments Brees is the better QB, but it doesnt mean Goff isnt good. He is a top 10 QB imo. This past season while it wasnt Goff best season it showed me that even through his struggles if Zuerlein makes the FG in Seattle (which btw Goff lead the team down the field to put them in position to do so), the Rams wouldve had another 10+ win season and that says alot. So again this thread need to be lock because there are alot of no nonsense talk that sounds like hating to me for a guy that since the joke of a coach Fisher got fired has been a very successful QB. 

Edited by stl4life07

12 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Didnt Brees lead the NFL in interceptions back in 2016? I forget the year but I know he led the NFL in interceptions one year.

Also during Wentz MVP caliber season before he got hurt he led all QBs in possible turnovers. That means interceptions that were dropped or fumbles that werent recovered by the opposing team.

Nobody talks about in 2017 and 2018 how Goff took care of the ball very well. He had one terrible year and now he is turnover prone. At least see what Goff does this season and even the season afterwards  to determine if he is turnover prone. We live in a society that one game or one season determines everything but it shouldnt work that way. 

Brees led the league in picks in 2012.  That was the bountygate year, the year he essentially had no head coach and no defense.  5 of those picks came in one bad game, so 43 TDs and 14 picks in 15 games, not bad at all.  Now that one game does count, but it doesn't represent the whole season.  

All in all, a down year for Brees sure.  A year without a head coach, a defense that broke records for being bad, and not much offseason practice.  But 43 TDs, 19 INTs, 5200 yards would be a career year for some.