Bold Guesses - The 2020 NFL Draft

TL-TwoWinsAway

I personally find this to be one of the hardest drafts to predict in recent memory. Despite most mocks looking pretty similar I think the talent between 4-16ish is pretty similar.  I really like Chaison and Kinlaw but hesitate to predict they’ll be steals because I could see both going in the top 10 yet I’ve seen mocks where they’re going even in 20’s.  But those are 2 guys i predict to be very successful.  I think Neville Gallimore should go in the 1st rd so I guess that would be a bold prediction 

Not really bold considering there predicament but I think the Lions will trade a future pick for immediate help again like they did for Hand.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I personally find this to be one of the hardest drafts to predict in recent memory. Despite most mocks looking pretty similar I think the talent between 4-16ish is pretty similar.  I really like Chaison and Kinlaw but hesitate to predict they’ll be steals because I could see both going in the top 10 yet I’ve seen mocks where they’re going even in 20’s.  But those are 2 guys i predict to be very successful.  I think Neville Gallimore should go in the 1st rd so I guess that would be a bold prediction 

Not really bold considering there predicament but I think the Lions will trade a future pick for immediate help again like they did for Hand.

I'm high on these two as well. I think Kinlaw is going to be a beast and Chaison is going to tear it up and be one of those guys who everyone says, "Why did we pass on him?" I think a dream scenario for me would be coming out of the draft with Kinlaw and Chaison and give us a formidable D for a long time. But I also wanted Aaron Curry over Stafford, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

Detroit trades back in the first round.

The Lions will have 6 picks in the top 85.

Detroit drafts Okudah, Gallimore and Moss. If Detroit moves out of the top 10 I expect an OT will be taken with their 1st selection.

They trade a second round pick for oline help.

Quinn makes three trades on draft day. (a move back, a pick for oline help, another move up in the draft in mid rounds)

Quinn will make at least one selection/move that shocks fans.

Quinn will draft one player with a questionable injury history.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Detroit trades back in the first round.

The Lions will have 6 picks in the top 85.

Detroit drafts Okudah, Gallimore and Moss. If Detroit moves out of the top 10 I expect an OT will be taken with their 1st selection.

They trade a second round pick for oline help.

Quinn makes three trades on draft day. (a move back, a pick for oline help, another move up in the draft in mid rounds)

Quinn will make at least one selection/move that shocks fans.

Quinn will draft one player with a questionable injury history.

Would love these 3.  There is a ton of talent this year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Quinn has an opportunity to have a draft for the ages. 

I so badly hope he doesn’t try to get fancy and just adds talent.

I'm worried we go after the guys who hit all those statistical, system specific, be one step ahead of the patriots that we miss out on some amazing talent.  With that being said, outside of 2017 Quinn hasn't had a bad draft, I just don't think he has had a great one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I'm worried we go after the guys who hit all those statistical, system specific, be one step ahead of the patriots that we miss out on some amazing talent.  With that being said, outside of 2017 Quinn hasn't had a bad draft, I just don't think he has had a great one.

I pretty much agree. I think Quinn’s big failure as a GM was his coaching choices. 

my bold guess is we trade the Jags for 9th pick(Derrick Brown) a 3rd round pick & Yannick Ngakoue.  for 3rd pick.  ive been seeing that get mocked alot recently for what its worth. my question is what would be better Yannick on a long term deal or the 20th pick. i think Yannick since he's more proven then the rookie would be & since we have to win or peoples job will be lost

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

my bold guess is we trade the Jags for 9th pick(Derrick Brown) a 3rd round pick & Yannick Ngakoue.  for 3rd pick.  ive been seeing that get mocked alot recently for what its worth. my question is what would be better Yannick on a long term deal or the 20th pick. i think Yannick since he's more proven then the rookie would be & since we have to win or peoples job will be lost

Interesting - I haven't seen that before. That is a pretty intriguing deal. Not sure what to think of that.... 

15 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Interesting - I haven't seen that before. That is a pretty intriguing deal. Not sure what to think of that.... 

Yeah, I'm at the same spot. It values Ngakoue as a late 1st round pick, so the value isn't terrible. I might be reluctant to have two DEs with big contracts, but, again, Brown and Ngakoue really upgrade this defense. I'm on the fence.