Wrote a few thousand words on “Quinn’s plan”

Nastradamus

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This is food for thought and a test for my modeling.

On the surface, yes Brown's numbers aren't great. When they talk about how he fits in the 84th and 94th percentile, they are taking those numbers at face value. 

When I look at how my numbers work out, which I adjust for height and weight (player/positional average) for DT's, 

• Height - 76.625 Inches (6'5) (Top 80 - 90%)
  • Weight - 326 lbs (Top 70 - 80%)
  • Speed Score - 94.05 (Top 50% - 60%)
  • Explosion Score - 166.68 (Top 70% - 80%)
  • Agility Score - 12.81 (Below 50%)

His scores are somewhat uncharacteristic for a guy his size. Most of the guys with similar scores have been guys that are 300 - 310 lbs. The agility score is definitely concerning but the fact is, he is big and he is explosive. If they're talking about Suh, Brown's BJ of 108 is better than Suh's 105. Suh put up 32 reps on the bench and Brown put up 28. The biggest difference is Suh's elite level Vert at 35 1/2 inches vs Brown's 27 inches. 

The closest comparisons I could find for guys with similar numbers and ballpark size are: Jordan Phillips, Vernon Butler, Andrew Billings, Christian Wilkins. 

Surprisingly enough, Chris Jones isn't THAT far off score wise (100.82 speed score vs 94.05) and Explosion Score (162.91 vs 166.68). 

• Jordan Phillips (Rd 2) - 53.6 PFF Score
  • Vernon Butler (Rd 1) - 59.0 PFF Score
  • Andrew Billings (Rd 4) - 69.3 PFF Score
  • Christian Wilkins (Rd 1) - 64.4 PFF Score
  • Chris Jones (Rd 2) - 84.9 PFF Score

Min: 53.6; Max: 84.9; Mean: 66.24

Someone should remind me to take a look at Brown's PFF score and see where he falls. 

You forgot to factor in him being from Auburn.  This deducts 50 points from all scoring.

• Like 2