Question: Why do you think Clowney is unsigned?

Silver

He wants huge money and he's not a very good football player.

His bad plays cancel out his good ones. (king of penalties)

He gets lots of 'pressures' but they are weaksauce pressures where the QB can still make a play,

No one in NFL history beats his man but fails to take down the QB with the ball at a rate like Clowney,

He has been paid 50 million dollars for 32 sacks over 6 years.

His teams have won 2 playoff games against a QB in his only career start and against a 40 year old QB who shredded his hamstring but had to keep playing.

I guess you can give him some credit for his helmet to helmet knockout of Wentz.

Do you pay a guy 15-20 million a year because he is sometimes good at cheap shots?

• Like 4

This is the result of a Clowney hit.

920x920.jpg

These are ALSO the results of that hit.

3 10 PHI 11 Nick Foles pass complete deep middle to Alshon Jeffery for 19 yards (tackle by Johnathan Joseph). Penalty on Jadeveon Clowney: Roughing the Passer, 15 yards

Leading to this drive

4 02:04 PHI 11 11 2:04 72 Field Goal

Leading to this score

EAGLES 32  TEXANS 30

What Clowney did in weeks 2 and 16 absolutely without a doubt cost the Texans the 2 seed and the bye.

Week 2 was the 15 yard penalty for yelling at Titans from the sideline IN STREET CLOTHES!

1 10 OTI 25 Blaine Gabbert pass complete short right to Luke Stocker for 11 yards (tackle by Dylan Cole) Penalty on HOU: Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards

*game data copied from pro football reference

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2018.htm

• Like 1

Philly was highly interested in trading for him and then later in signing him for 2020.

Then he was an absolute pig about his cheap shot on Wentz and the team went from interested to no interest.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/jadeveon-clowney-carson-wentz-hit-eagles-fans-seahawks-playoffs-injury-concussion-20200106.html

This moron possibly cost himself millions to get into a twitter war with Eagles fans after he flew through the air and speared Wentz in the head.

Incidental or not, just shut up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

He wants huge money and he's not a very good football player.

His bad plays cancel out his good ones. (king of penalties)

He gets lots of 'pressures' but they are weaksauce pressures where the QB can still make a play,

No one in NFL history beats his man but fails to take down the QB with the ball at a rate like Clowney,

He has been paid 50 million dollars for 32 sacks over 6 years.

His teams have won 2 playoff games against a QB in his only career start and against a 40 year old QB who shredded his hamstring but had to keep playing.

I guess you can give him some credit for his helmet to helmet knockout of Wentz.

Do you pay a guy 15-20 million a year because he is sometimes good at cheap shots?

Good breakdown, thanks.

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

This is the result of a Clowney hit.

920x920.jpg

These are ALSO the results of that hit.

3 10 PHI 11 Nick Foles pass complete deep middle to Alshon Jeffery for 19 yards (tackle by Johnathan Joseph). Penalty on Jadeveon Clowney: Roughing the Passer, 15 yards

Leading to this drive

4 02:04 PHI 11 11 2:04 72 Field Goal

Leading to this score

EAGLES 32  TEXANS 30

What Clowney did in weeks 2 and 16 absolutely without a doubt cost the Texans the 2 seed and the bye.

Week 2 was the 15 yard penalty for yelling at Titans from the sideline IN STREET CLOTHES!

1 10 OTI 25 Blaine Gabbert pass complete short right to Luke Stocker for 11 yards (tackle by Dylan Cole) Penalty on HOU: Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards

*game data copied from pro football reference

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2018.htm

Oh I remember that. When Deshaun had that amazing pass to Vyncint Smith for the TD, which was ironically the only reception he ever had for us and then JD ruined it straight after. I must have been the only person not upset by JD leaving us cause I knew how his penalty situation was, he just works well in tandem with JJ Watt, he's not actually elite like they imply.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Drained said:

Oh I remember that. When Deshaun had that amazing pass to Vyncint Smith for the TD, which was ironically the only reception he ever had for us and then JD ruined it straight after. I must have been the only person not upset by JD leaving us cause I knew how his penalty situation was, he just works well in tandem with JJ Watt, he's not actually elite like they imply.

The week before, he had the 4th and 2 offsides penalty vs the Colts that ended the nine game winning streak.

Clowney is the Chris Henry/Kevan Barlow of defensive players; He looks like he should be a freak of nature, someone who destroys everything he touches. But, he just isn't - much like the RBs listen above, he lacks the proper vision and football IQ to put his physical gifts together consistently. Much like those two listed above, there are times where he'll blow up a play, kind of like randomly finding a soft spot on a defense and going for a big run. It's not consistent, though - and in the NFL, you pay for consistency. Clowney will book a deal he won't get to finish, he'll eventually get cut - he'll always find himself employed, simply because he's too physically gifted and there's always a coach who will think "I'll get those tools to work consistently..."

He's like a 7 footer in the NBA, he doesn't need to be good to get paid.

• Like 4