Who is the single best player in the 2020 draft?

VanS

Best Player in the 2020 Draft  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best player in the draft?

• Joe Burrow
    • Chase Young
    • Derrick Brown
    • Isaiah Simmons
    • Jeff Okudah
    • Tua Tagovailoa
    • Javon Kinlaw
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/02/2020 at 04:59 AM

I think DT Derrick Brown (Auburn)  is CLEARLY the best player in the draft.  He's the only guy I see with Hall of Fame potential. 

After Brown, I also like DT Javon Kinlaw (South Carolina), LB Isaiah Simmons (Clemson), and CB Jeff Okudah (Ohio State) as the other elite All-Pro caliber prospects in this draft.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VanS said:

I think DT Derrick Brown (Auburn)  is CLEARLY the best player in the draft.  He's the only guy I see with Hall of Fame potential. 

Aren't you the guy obsessed with a player's athleticism?  If so, why would Derrick Brown be your HOF pick?

Anyway, I think Young is clearly the best in this class.  And I think if you polled all 32 GMs, the majority would choose him.

How is Tristan Wirfs and Jedrick Wills not on this list?  

I would go like this Chase Young or Isaiah Simmons but in terms of being a rare prospect athletically and in terms of his build, Tristan Wirfs is right there as well.

Clearly Joe Burrow is the #1 pick but if one just looks at athletic ability there is a ton to love about Simmons and Wirfs.  Does suck Chase Young never put out numbers athletically, would be interesting how his 40, bench, vertical, broard etc would stack up.

11 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

If you include Chase Young in that list of Brown, Kinlaw, Simmons, and Okudah...and I think you can't go wrong with any of those 5.  All five will be pro-bowl caliber players.

If I had to pick one...I'd say Okudah.

I think Chase Young is likely an outright bust.  Physically he's not an elite athlete as seen by his testing numbers at the Nike Opening in high school and his reluctance to do anything at the combine.  Watching his film never impressed me either.  He plays stiff in my opinion.  Not much bend around the edge like most elite pass rushers.

Chase Young and Joe Burrow are the two guys projected to go in the Top 10 I would stay away from.  They both scream bust to me.

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think it's Burrow even over Chase Young. His senior year is the most impressive year of any player in the history of college football

thats just a fact 

What about before he was a one year wonder?  What did you think of him in 2018 as a 21-22 year old redshirt junior?

I watched him in 2018 and saw a guy with okay pro talent but nothing remarkable.  A QB who could make a decent backup at best.  I personally don't get why people give more weight to what Burrow did in 2019 over 2018.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Aren't you the guy obsessed with a player's athleticism?  If so, why would Derrick Brown be your HOF pick?

Anyway, I think Young is clearly the best in this class.  And I think if you polled all 32 GMs, the majority would choose him.

I value film over everything.  Then I go to physical tools.  Derrick Brown blew me away when I watched him play Florida this past season.  On tape he's a beast.

In terms of physical tools he's also a beast.  He's 6'5" 320 lbs with insane playing strength and a great get off.  His combine numbers weren't crazy but they don't need to be for a DT.  What matters most for a DT is size, strength, technique, and get off.  Derrick Brown is elite in all four of those facets.