Jump to content
VanS

Who is the single best player in the 2020 draft?

Best Player in the 2020 Draft  

55 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the best player in the draft?

    • Joe Burrow
    • Chase Young
    • Derrick Brown
    • Isaiah Simmons
    • Jeff Okudah
      0
    • Tua Tagovailoa
      0
    • Javon Kinlaw
      0
    • Other

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/02/2020 at 04:59 AM

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, VanS said:

What about before he was a one year wonder?  What did you think of him in 2018 as a 21-22 year old redshirt junior?

I watched him in 2018 and saw a guy with okay pro talent but nothing remarkable.  A QB who could make a decent backup at best.  I personally don't get why people give more weight to what Burrow did in 2019 over 2018.

Because he transferred to LSU late duhhhh

kid had no offseason. He literally played his spring game while still at Ohio State. 
 

don’t overthink it dude is a star. His first true film year where he could master his offense showed who he is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we PLEASE not turn this into another Joe Burrow debate, or is that what VanS was hoping for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most athletic is Chase Young. But best?

You can win SB's that Joe Burrow plays in. Unless your in Cincy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brown looked pretty fat at the combine.  Did he basically blow it off?  For AZ’s sake I hope he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, brownie man said:

Because he transferred to LSU late duhhhh

kid had no offseason. He literally played his spring game while still at Ohio State. 
 

don’t overthink it dude is a star. His first true film year where he could master his offense showed who he is

Thank you for bringing up his transfer.  If he's as good as you believe he is, why did he have to transfer in the first place?  Why couldn't he beat out a guy who the Redskins might give up on in one year for Tua?

Maybe he's just another in the long line of heisman trophy winning busts we've seen in the NFL.  Just because you have a remarkable college season or career doesn't mean you'll be a star in the NFL.

When trying to project guys to the NFL, I never like it when the best argument you have for a prospect is that he was very productive for one college season.  We've seen time after time that college stats don't translate to pro success.  I would rather bank of prospects whose best argument is their physical tools and potential.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

If Derrick Brown came out last year, he would have been tied for DT3 with Ed Oliver, but behind Quinnen Williams and Jeff Simmons on my board.

I would somewhat agree with you.  If he came out last year I would have rated Jeffrey Simmons and Dexter Lawrence ahead of him.  However, he improved a lot from his junior to senior year IMO.  I would take the senior year version of Derrick Brown over any DT from last year's draft.  

Javon Kinlaw isn't too far behind either.  His film is phenomenal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, warsawian said:

Can we PLEASE not turn this into another Joe Burrow debate, or is that what VanS was hoping for? 

Nah.  We got a thread for that.  If anything I wouldn't mind a Chase Young debate because I simply don't see anything special about him.  The love affair with him by NFL folks boggles my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Most athletic is Chase Young.

Why do people keep saying this?  Nothing in his history says he's even a good athlete let alone being the most athletic player in this class.  His athletic testing in high school in the 40 and vertical were awful.  His tape doesn't really show freakish explosiveness either.  Most of his sacks come from power not speed.

There's a reason he didn't participate in the combine.  Its because he knew if people saw how unremarkable he was as an athlete it would destroy this ridiculous hype he's been getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VanS said:

Thank you for bringing up his transfer.  If he's as good as you believe he is, why did he have to transfer in the first place?  Why couldn't he beat out a guy who the Redskins might give up on in one year for Tua?

Maybe he's just another in the long line of heisman trophy winning busts we've seen in the NFL.  Just because you have a remarkable college season or career doesn't mean you'll be a star in the NFL.

When trying to project guys to the NFL, I never like it when the best argument you have for a prospect is that he was very productive for one college season.  We've seen time after time that college stats don't translate to pro success.  I would rather bank of prospects whose best argument is their physical tools and potential.  

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think Brown could be the safest pick, I sometimes forget how good he is after months of seeing him drop.

 

I hate these few months from when the college season ends to the draft for this exact reason.

As far as the question, I have to go Young. Brown, Okudah, Simmons, and Kinlaw all have arguments though (which shows just how crazy this draft is). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VanS said:

What about before he was a one year wonder?  What did you think of him in 2018 as a 21-22 year old redshirt junior?

I watched him in 2018 and saw a guy with okay pro talent but nothing remarkable.  A QB who could make a decent backup at best.  I personally don't get why people give more weight to what Burrow did in 2019 over 2018.

Because progression is a real thing?

Mahomes couldn’t even really read defenses until last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VanS said:

Why do people keep saying this?  Nothing in his history says he's even a good athlete let alone being the most athletic player in this class.  His athletic testing in high school in the 40 and vertical were awful.  His tape doesn't really show freakish explosiveness either.  Most of his sacks come from power not speed.

There's a reason he didn't participate in the combine.  Its because he knew if people saw how unremarkable he was as an athlete it would destroy this ridiculous hype he's been getting.

 

9 hours ago, VanS said:

I think Chase Young is likely an outright bust.  Physically he's not an elite athlete as seen by his testing numbers at the Nike Opening in high school and his reluctance to do anything at the combine.  Watching his film never impressed me either.  He plays stiff in my opinion.  Not much bend around the edge like most elite pass rushers.

Chase Young and Joe Burrow are the two guys projected to go in the Top 10 I would stay away from.  They both scream bust to me.

 

Your hot takes are pretty hilarious.  

Bad athlete, power rusher with no bend, limited speed, non-explosive; thy name is Chase Young.  

Honestly, what are you even watching?

 

DeliciousInsidiousCommabutterfly-size_re

u8LJYXU.gif

young-sack-week-2.gif

RareImpressiveBluefintuna-size_restricte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simmons got my vote.  Dude did everything a linebacker does at an elite level.  Young is a blue chipper too, so it's certainly close.  Big gap after that before Brown, Okudah, and a few others around the same level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Because progression is a real thing?

Mahomes couldn’t even really read defenses until last year.

Progression would be if he improved from his freshmen to senior year.  Not jumping from a potential undrafted free agent after his redshirt junior year to the 1st overall pick as a 23 year old 5th year senior.

Please don't bring up Mahomes.  He has generational arm talent.  That is why he's so good despite not having full commamd of the game from a knowledge standpoint.  Guys with mediocre physical tools like Burrow won't have that liberty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VanS said:

Thank you for bringing up his transfer.  If he's as good as you believe he is, why did he have to transfer in the first place?  Why couldn't he beat out a guy who the Redskins might give up on in one year for Tua?

Maybe he's just another in the long line of heisman trophy winning busts we've seen in the NFL.  Just because you have a remarkable college season or career doesn't mean you'll be a star in the NFL.

When trying to project guys to the NFL, I never like it when the best argument you have for a prospect is that he was very productive for one college season.  We've seen time after time that college stats don't translate to pro success.  I would rather bank of prospects whose best argument is their physical tools and potential.  

Because he had a broken hand and never caught up in the competition 

and why is everyone acting like Haskins didn’t just pass Drew Brees for Big 10 TD passing leader. Haskins was a bonafide first round pick and he earned that. 
 

lmao did you actually watch Burrow? This isn’t Sam Bradford. Joe Burrow legit the best QB prospect since Luck and honestly in my opinion he’s a better pure passer. 
 

Burrow would’ve been a starter if he wasn’t at OSU dude played in a spread offense at first that was built for JT Barrett. He got injured and just happened to not beat the guy who was Big 10 player of the freaking year. Then had to go to LSU transfer with a short offseason in the freaking SEC. 

He came out and lit up every team in his path. There’s nothing college football could do. You pass on Burrow if you want you’ll be the fool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×