Mock as I Go

DoleINGout

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I think they could be tempted by three firsts this year and a top ten QB pick from two years ago in Josh Rosen and then select the QB the Bengals organization had experience with at the Senior Bowl. Check out the rest of the mock on Page 2 of interested.

It's not that I don't like the picks.  Well, I would take Queen over YGM, it's that Mike Brown won't flinch, then  just take Burrow

5 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Hate it for the Falcons as i just don't see the value in taking a late 1st to mid 2nd round player in the 1st round to be our 3rd or 4th CB.   I would say the same exact thing if it was Fulton as well as none of Henderson, Diggs, or Fulton are really that much more impressive than guys like Johnson, Arnette, or Terrell.   The real smart move here would be to take Chassion at SLB seeing as we don't have a SLB on the entire roster nor 1 backup linebacker on the entire roster.  We literally only have 2 LB's on the team right now and have to get 3 more.  Chassion is a better prospect than any of those CB's at 16 in the 1st round outside of a guy like Okudah falling.    The talent level from a Chassion to the next level LB's in round 2 is much bigger than the talent level from the CB's who i think are all very similar talent level and around round 2 guys.

It's not just you either im seeing alot of people go with a #3 or 4 CB over a starting LB and im not sure why.  To me a starter >>> a depth player every single time even more so when the starters better value and a better player.

I would presume the reason people look at corner is because a guy like Diggs is big and physical which fits sort of the past prototype of Seattle defensive backs as well as the hybrid defender nowadays that can float between coverage and run support as a bit of a player with a multi-position role.

Also, in Atlanta's case, Diggs is a playmaker which could help. I think people see the Desmond Trufant departure and understand that there have been injuries within the Falcons secondary that have hurt them in recent seasons.

I agree that Diggs is not the best player available in my mock draft for the Falcons and could definitely see where picking a linebacker is smarter as well as more likely.

As always, thanks for the feedback.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Well, I would take Queen over YGM

I think Simmons and Queen together would be fantastic but for a team like the Bengals with so many other priorities/needs to address it becomes redundant. Dunlap and Hubbard could use a rotation at the very least with possibly a split in playing time. Queen would be a good addition however.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

I think Simmons and Queen together would be fantastic but for a team like the Bengals with so many other priorities/needs to address it becomes redundant. Dunlap and Hubbard could use a rotation at the very least with possibly a split in playing time. Queen would be a good addition however.

The team literally has one starting caliber LB (Pratt) and a couple of backups/STs guys under contract.  Simmons to hybrid/SAM, Queen to WILL/Mike, along with Pratt

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I would presume the reason people look at corner is because a guy like Diggs is big and physical which fits sort of the past prototype of Seattle defensive backs as well as the hybrid defender nowadays that can float between coverage and run support as a bit of a player with a multi-position role.

Also, in Atlanta's case, Diggs is a playmaker which could help. I think people see the Desmond Trufant departure and understand that there have been injuries within the Falcons secondary that have hurt them in recent seasons.

I agree that Diggs is not the best player available in my mock draft for the Falcons and could definitely see where picking a linebacker is smarter as well as more likely.

As always, thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for hearing me out I'll show you the Falcons offensive and defensive depth chart as it sits right now to give you an idea of where i was coming from.

WR     Julio Jones     Christian Blake     Devin Gray     Laquon Treadwell     
LT     Jake Matthews     John Wetzel                 
LG     Matt Gono     James Carpenter     Sean Harlow           
C     Alex Mack                       
RG     Chris Lindstrom  Jamon Brown     Justin McCray           
RT     Kaleb McGary                       
TE     Hayden Hurst     Jaeden Graham     Carson Meier           
WR     Calvin Ridley     Russell Gage     Olamide Zaccheaus     Brandon Powell     
QB     Matt Ryan     Matt Schaub     Kurt Benkert     Danny Etling     
RB     Todd Gurley     Ito Smith     Qadree Ollison     Brian Hill     Craig Reynolds
FB     Keith Smith                       

DE     Dante Fowler     Austin Larkin     Jacob Tuioti-Mariner            
DT     Grady Jarrett                       
DT     Tyeler Davison     Deadrin Senat                 
DE     Takk McKinley   Allen Bailey     Steve Means     John Cominsky
LB     Foye Oluokun                       
LB     Deion Jones                      
RCB     Isaiah Oliver     Jamal Taylor     CJ Reavis           
LCB     Kendall Sheffield     Blidi Wreh-Wilson     Jordan Miller           
NB     Ricardo Allen     Chris Cooper                 
FS     Damontae Kazee     Ricardo Allen                 
SS     Keanu Neal     Jamal Carter  Sharrod Neasman                

K     Younghoe Koo                       
P     Ryan Allen     Sam Irwin-Hill                 
LS     Josh Harris           

So from what i can tell we have  7 DE's   9 CB 3 DT  2 LB   4 Safety  Seems Rico got moved to starting NB since Kazee played so well at safety which isn't bad because Rico played really good at NB last time he was there.

So for me Dt is a bit more of a need than i thought it was as well since i thought we had more than 3 on the roster and Senat didn't even play last year the Coach's benched him 99% of the season and he was healthy lol.  Which sorta made no sense to me as he showed alot his rookie season.

I guess team needs in order for me as it sits would be

1 - LB x2  SLB and 1 for main depth
2 - DT - Grady and Davison is about it there we need a legit beast next to Grady.  
3 - Safety/CB - Safety might actually be over CB based on neals injury history but with Rico being able to slide back to Safety it helps alot. Still Rico and Kazee are FS not really SS.  Would target the best CB or Safety in rounds 2 or 3 depending on how Dt and LB fell in the 1st 2 rounds if i go 3rd here or not.

Rest of it can honestly go BPA with grabbing more  Lineman on both sides, 1 more LB, and a RB with really good upside.

13 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Thanks for hearing me out I'll show you the Falcons offensive and defensive depth chart as it sits right now to give you an idea of where i was coming from.

I do research into these mock picks every time including analyzing updated depth charts so while I appreciate your gesture it isn't necessary. I came to my own conclusion that Diggs would be a realistic if not likely selection as I try to do with every other team too.

20 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I do research into these mock picks every time including analyzing updated depth charts so while I appreciate your gesture it isn't necessary. I came to my own conclusion that Diggs would be a realistic if not likely selection as I try to do with every other team too.

Oh but it was necessary my friend not only did it provide some extra knowledge on the reasoning i was saying it. It even opened my eyes on our DT situation which was a bit worse than i thought but even better it got some info out there for others making mocks to help out on the Falcons :P   So i appreciate your time and reasoning on your pick even if i don't agree with it i do understand it's actually a possible pick come draft day i just hope that it's not but you never know with ole Trader Tom.  He might move up to the top 5 knowing him he loves to trade up even though this year i hope he trades down if Simmons, Brown, Okudah, Kinlaw, and Chassion are gone.

Also i do appologize about the massive gap under the list someone had it in a different format that it wouldn't let me edit it correctly so i tried deleting it and doing it in text.   I thought it was gone but i guess it's still there and it won't let me remove it so quite sorry about that wasn't meant to do that good sir.  I also think i'll throw this in the draft needs section up there as an updated setup for everyone after FA so far.   Look forward to your next mock and further rounds if you do anymore of them boss.

Edited by FalconFan13

47 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Look forward to your next mock and further rounds if you do anymore of them boss.

Thanks mate. I may only have this mock. Literally did it as I went last night and researched the majority of these prospects for the first time as I went. Usually into the draft sooner.

First time seeing pretty much every prospect was last night except for: Borrow/Chase Young/Tua/Hurts/Andrew Thomas/Wirfs/Herbert/Epenesa/Trey Adams. And Hurts/Trey Adams aren't even in my mock draft.

59 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

on your pick even if i don't agree with it i do understand it's actually a possible pick come draft day

Did you or any Falcons fans expect McGary and Lindstrom both in the first round last year? I thought you were telling everyone that defensive tackle would be the pick in 2019.

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Did you or any Falcons fans expect McGary and Lindstrom both in the first round last year? I thought you were telling everyone that defensive tackle would be the pick in 2019.

Actually Lindstrom i did have the Falcons taking although it was round 2 lol.  Thats twice they did that to me the other time i nailed the Keanu Neal and Deion Jones picks back to back.   But they was in rounds 2 and 3 in my mock instead of rounds 1 and 2.    So yes i actually do nail our picks well they just so happen to choose them higher than what im expecting they go.  McGary  i had no clue on and was completely out of left field didn't see that coming.  Although as said ole tommy boy is known for his trade ups so i sorta seen that one coming or thought it would i just didn't expect 2 lineman back to back.    I was a HUGE FAN of Lindstrom though and even had a mock with us trading down in the 1st taking him and getting a extra pick.  I think i was alot higher on lindstrom than alot of people was im guessing though.  He was my #1 OG in the draft and i knew we needed OL help big time.   Now with that said i said we needed a DT last year for sure and thought we would get a early one.  Im saying it again this year i just don't see how we can keep letting it go by without fixing and upgrading it.  To me a elite DT is more important than a elite DE the quickest route to a QB is up the middle and it helps your DE's by not letting him come up in the pocket.   Same with run stopping if you can control the middle of the line the run game is very limited and puts them more into 3rd and longs and lets you tee off.     But i atleast say these picks are very possible even the Fulton and Diggs picks i just really don't want them to happen in the 1st this year because of great the CB talent is in this draft i just don't see value on reaching on any of them over positions like LB.

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Compliments Sutton and Lock's strengths very well that I could see Elway falling in love with Tee.

Perhaps, but he's not worth the 15th overall pick, maybe with the Broncos 2nd round pick.....rather have Mims than Higgins.

Edited by Cutler06

10 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

And where is Mims ?? He's easily a late 1st....

29 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Thanks mate. I may only have this mock. Literally did it as I went last night and researched the majority of these prospects for the first time as I went. Usually into the draft sooner.

First time seeing pretty much every prospect was last night except for: Borrow/Chase Young/Tua/Hurts/Andrew Thomas/Wirfs/Herbert/Epenesa/Trey Adams. And Hurts/Trey Adams aren't even in my mock draft.

Seems like I did pretty good if there is only one guy names Mims that is left out. If I hit 31/32 draft prospects going in the first round on my first and perhaps only mock draft try this year then I'd say that is excellent. I need to watch Mims though and learn about him now... I scanned over his name a few times but didn't study anymore in depth yet on him.