What's A Question You Would Ask Ryan Pace Right Now

soulman

Things are slowing down as the NFL takes a pause between the the first and second waves of Free Agency.  Halas Halls is shuttered to all outside activity and more than likely greatly limited in comparison to what we would usually be hearing from the team right now.

Since Pace and Nagy aren't holding any press conferences or even granting interviews we lack knowing more about their offseason plans.  But if we could create an imaginary press conference attended by both Pace and Nagy what questions would you have for them?

Let's see where this little exercise takes us while we quarantine ourselves and "shelter in place".

• Like 1

I think I'd have to ask him about the offensive line. Will there be changes, in scheme or personnel? What sort of impact does he expect the new staff to have? How much of the blame can be placed on the old staff? Stuff like that.

Or course, being a press conference, he wouldn't honestly answer any of those questions. :D

• Like 3

I would ask him if he plans on finally running an offense similar to the Chiefs and Philly like we were all promised two years ago. 

@sugashane I imagine we would get answers in the typical Bears fashion.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Unless they implode he clearly had the job secure,  so what ots the plan?

"Mitch is our QB"

Dump Tru next year and let the rookie develop under Flip?

"Mitch is our QB"

Will the rookie get to compete vs Foles or what?

"Mitch is our QB"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I would ask him if he plans on finally running an offense similar to the Chiefs and Philly like we were all promised two years ago. 

@sugashane I imagine we would get answers in the typical Bears fashion.

"Mitch is our QB"

"Mitch is our QB"

"Mitch is our QB"

Good Lord our GM is Lovie Smith with less melanin. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Can I have a job?

This is honestly the only question that might get a straight answer.  At the very least, I could claim that I had Mahomes significantly ahead of the pack for the Trubisky draft. I'd argue that alone makes my resume better than most of the scouts at Halas.

I would probably ask him about his plans for the OL as well although I think the answer is getting pretty obvious.

After I got a gander at our salary cap situation it would appear to confirm that he intends to draft a RG at a minimum and it really wouldn't shock me if both if his 2nd round picks were OL.  It's the only area he hasn't been adding to in FA.

At a certain point we can probably assume that a highly drafted rookie will be both better and cheaper than some third tier OG or OT.

29 minutes ago, soulman said:

I would probably ask him about his plans for the OL as well although I think the answer is getting pretty obvious.

After I got a gander at our salary cap situation it would appear to confirm that he intends to draft a RG at a minimum and it really wouldn't shock me if both if his 2nd round picks were OL.  It's the only area he hasn't been adding to in FA.

At a certain point we can probably assume that a highly drafted rookie will be both better and cheaper than some third tier OG or OT.

At this point I think you have to double dip. 2nd and 5th round.

Put the rookies, Coward, and Bars into a mixer and see who wins.

With a shortened offseason however I can concerned about getting rookies ready to play.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

At this point I think you have to double dip. 2nd and 5th round.

Put the rookies, Coward, and Bars into a mixer and see who wins.

With a shortened offseason however I can concerned about getting rookies ready to play.

You're the draft guru around here but two potential 2nd rounders who've been attributed to Chicago are LT Ezra Cleveland/BSU and OC/OG Lloyd Cushenberry/LSU.  Both are ranked in that #40 to #60 range where we draft.

Cleveland sounds like a slightly bigger version of Leno who can pass block but probably fits only as a LT in a zone running scheme.

Cushenberry is kind of interesting in that he has that positional versatility and arm length we seem to like.