What's A Question You Would Ask Ryan Pace Right Now

soulman

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I get how the cap works.  I just cannot justify how it keeps working and helping out the James Graham's of the world.  BTW...he's not named Jimmy.  Jimmies can run.  When you move as poorly as he does, you are called James.

Here is the "rub".  

James Graham, 2019.  #20 in the NFL for catches with 38.  #18 in yards with 447.  Tied for #19 with 3 TD's.

That's year two with Aaron Rodgers and what we were led to believe was an offense that targets tight ends.  Oh...and only one other receiving threat.

It was not pretty.

Maybe it is better than what you had on the roster.  But it's still not good.  Dude was contemplating retirement in the off-season, then inks a deal with $9M of guarantees.  

The reality is this...it's just a bad spend of money/cap.  Unless you are James or his agent.

I think he may have been contemplating retirement but for that you'll have to ask him.

Bottom Line:  Pace needed a receiving TE.  He took a swing at Hooper and didn't get him.  Apparently Graham looked better to him than his other options and a deal that could be structured to cost only $6 mil against the 2020 cap was what he needed.  Here's the thing.  Graham caught nearly as many passes himself last season as our entire collection of TEs did so despite his status elsewhere he's an upgrade in Chicago.  That also why we fired the former TE coach and hired a new one.

I'm not so much excusing it as I am rationalizing it.  It may prove to be better or worse than we anticipate but it's done deal and all of this wrangling over it in forums and the media isn't gonna change a thing.  Pace had his reasons for doing what he did and he'll be the one to accept the responsibility if it doesn't work out well.  Me, I'm just gonna settle back and wait for the season to begin whenever that may be.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, soulman said:

Since we're only imagining all of this my first question might be.

Ryan, is Ted Phillips as big of an imbecile as I think he is or does he actually know something about football?

Pace: Well soulman, Ted has done alot of good things for Chicago over the years to manage the money. He gave Harbaugh top money only for him to be released 1 year later. He talked Graves into trading away a #1 pick for Rick Mirer and paying him top money. The Bears organization have only cracked the top-10 in revenue sales maybe twice in the last 15 years despite being in the 3rd largest market in the league. Ted also just worked REALLY hard to raise the prices for fans again this year, because we still have one of the smallest stadiums in the league and we have to make up for it,  instead reworking a deal with the district to get with the times and move on from the god awful field and ultimately build a new stadium. 

Ted also had a hand in hiring me so I am obligated to praise him in a professional manner. 

soulman, I hope this answers your question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Pace: Well soulman, Ted has done alot of good things for Chicago over the years to manage the money. He gave Harbaugh top money only for him to be released 1 year later. He talked Graves into trading away a #1 pick for Rick Mirer and paying him top money. The Bears organization have only cracked the top-10 in revenue sales maybe twice in the last 15 years despite being in the 3rd largest market in the league. Ted also just worked REALLY hard to raise the prices for fans again this year, because we still have one of the smallest stadiums in the league and we have to make up for it,  instead reworking a deal with the district to get with the times and move on from the god awful field and ultimately build a new stadium. 

Ted also had a hand in hiring me so I am obligated to praise him in a professional manner. 

soulman, I hope this answers your question.

LOL....wish we had an applause emoticon.

But I also believe much of what you say relative to the players was attributable to Mikey McCaskey.  As in give it to Mikey he can phuc up anything.

Now the stadium deal yeah.  That was all Ted but to the McCaskey's he's a hero since they got their new stadium without having to pay for most of it themselves.  And it's not small.  Like Wrigley Field where they played for their first 50 years it's uh.....cozy and offers a great fan experience provide you don't die of a heart attack walking two miles from parking to the stadium.

I hear someone suggested naming if Phillips Pholly at the Lakefront.

And as for needing to pretend to kiss his ***......I getcha.  xD

• Like 1