2020 NFL Draft

BZski

I didnt see a thread dedicated to the draft so figured I would start one.

I have started looking at CB as it looks like we are taking Okudah but I think a better value may be Jeff Gladney in rd 2. The guy plays straight man coverage and has played very well against NFL WRs (Lamb, Hollywood Brown, Hakeem Butler, Allen Lazzard, Collin Johnson, and Delvaney).

Hasn't been discussed much... but... What if Joe Burrow falls to 3 for some weird reason? Brother said he heard it on the radio (The topic) and I thought I'd just translate it onto here. I pretty much think this is a moot point, Cincinatti is drafting Burrow but for fun... What would you do if Joe Burrow fell into the Lions lap at 3? Would people be upset if they passed on him? Even if it's a trade down?

I would feel strange passing on Joe Burrow even with Stafford on the team. I honestly don't know how I feel in this situation cause... I like Burrow, but I dislike the staff, and think they'd miss manage the whole situation and ruin Burrow. So, I guess I'd be ok with them trading down and going a different direction. It's at least giving this staff a shot for success vs continuing a rebuild. 

Edited by SimbaWho

48 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Hasn't been discussed much... but... What if Joe Burrow falls to 3 for some weird reason? Brother said he heard it on the radio (The topic) and I thought I'd just translate it onto here. I pretty much think this is a moot point, Cincinatti is drafting Burrow but for fun... What would you do if Joe Burrow fell into the Lions lap at 3? Would people be upset if they passed on him? Even if it's a trade down?

I would feel strange passing on Joe Burrow even with Stafford on the team. I honestly don't know how I feel in this situation cause... I like Burrow, but I dislike the staff, and think they'd miss manage the whole situation and ruin Burrow. So, I guess I'd be ok with them trading down and going a different direction. It's at least giving this staff a shot for success vs continuing a rebuild. 

When Detroit drafted Stafford I was concerned because I didn’t feel the team was close to being able to win. They lacked so much talent.

I guess if they can’t win with Stafford there isn’t much chance of them winning with Burrow. 

In my opinion the only way it makes sense is if they recognize its highly unlikely the NFL plays this season. If they do it will be convoluted and likely without fans. 

Stafford will be 33 when normalcy returns. He will be 34 when Burrow is ready. 

Viewed from that perspective it makes some sense. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

By far the best mock a I’ve seen from a Lions perspective. This would be amazing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107680/article/fourround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-six-trades-shake-up-round-1

Absolutely.

For those that don't want to click:

3 - Chase Young

35 - Neville Gallimore

67 - Jeff Gladney

85 - Zack Moss

109 - Netane Muti

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 5

On 3/29/2020 at 9:08 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Trade down, in my opinion.

Yeah that's the obvious solution, but for conversation. I'm just asking people... Would you passs? Pick and stash? or what... What would you actually do if you couldn't trade out of the pick and Burrow's at 3?

22 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I'm not big on Burrows, so let's trade down.

Guys... thats not the question... Obviously. EVERYONE here would trade down if able. You aren't able to (lets say) and now you have to pick and you're running the Lions. What do you do? Just passs on Burrow?

On 3/29/2020 at 7:13 AM, SimbaWho said:

What would you do if Joe Burrow fell into the Lions lap at 3? Would people be upset if they passed on him? Even if it's a trade down?

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood the question.  With that being said, I'm not a fan of his and my answer is still the same.  I'd not mind passing on him one bit and would probably shake my head if he was picked. In this draft, the two qb's I like are Tua and Love. I don't love Love at 3 though and would only want him in scenarios that probably aren't plausible or realistic.

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Guys... thats not the question... Obviously. EVERYONE here would trade down if able. You aren't able to (lets say) and now you have to pick and you're running the Lions. What do you do? Just passs on Burrow?

Ha. It did seem like the question.

If I was unable to trade down at all, I'd take Burrow. I do think the future of our QB position is crucial, and having Burrow sit behind Stafford for a year would be a great thing for this franchise.

If Quinn did that (which, in my opinion, is the right long term move), fans should consider that decision if the team finishes 7-9ish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ha. It did seem like the question.

If I was unable to trade down at all, I'd take Burrow. I do think the future of our QB position is crucial, and having Burrow sit behind Stafford for a year would be a great thing for this franchise.

If Quinn did that (which, in my opinion, is the right long term move), fans should consider that decision if the team finishes 7-9ish.

I agree. Especially with the Quinn part. Add Matty to the mix. We just need to see a sliver of hope.