Jump to content
BZski

2020 NFL Draft

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I won’t argue with drafting a lineman.

Ruiz is a good looking one as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2020 at 8:13 AM, SimbaWho said:

Hasn't been discussed much... but... What if Joe Burrow falls to 3 for some weird reason? Brother said he heard it on the radio (The topic) and I thought I'd just translate it onto here. I pretty much think this is a moot point, Cincinatti is drafting Burrow but for fun... What would you do if Joe Burrow fell into the Lions lap at 3? Would people be upset if they passed on him? Even if it's a trade down?

I would feel strange passing on Joe Burrow even with Stafford on the team. I honestly don't know how I feel in this situation cause... I like Burrow, but I dislike the staff, and think they'd miss manage the whole situation and ruin Burrow. So, I guess I'd be ok with them trading down and going a different direction. It's at least giving this staff a shot for success vs continuing a rebuild. 

 

if we couldn't trade and Burrow  fall to 3 (assuming tua & young went 1,2)  i not sure how i would feel. it would mean he'd be taking over for Stafford(in due time) but at the same time with Stafford fully healthy, qb is the least of our problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I really would like to see K’Lavon Chaisson from LSU to round 2. I have to admit, I know its just highlights but he looks on par in explosiveness to Chase Young.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BZski said:

Man I really would like to see K’Lavon Chaisson from LSU to round 2. I have to admit, I know its just highlights but he looks on par in explosiveness to Chase Young.

 

 

I'm super high on this guy.  Think he is going to be a stud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No way Chaison makes it to round 2 I think he’s more likely to go top 12 than 2nd rd.  Somewhat Clowney esq in that his film shows a guy having much more of a disruptive impact than his stats suggest.  He’s explosive and athletic I think everyone knows that but his ability to take on olinemen straight up and discard at his will is very impressive.  Shades of Aldon Smith at Mizzou 

Edited by BigC421/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, davisblack said:

Anyone see the PFF mock? They have the Dolphins trading up to #2 to grab Tua and the Lions passing on Young for Okudah lol.

Obviously I'd be happy with Okudah overall, but I just don't see how they could pass on Young.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-steve-palazzolo-2020-nfl-mock-draft-giants-land-chase-young-dolphins-trade-tua-tagovailoa

 

Yeah, I saw that and cringed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, davisblack said:

Anyone see the PFF mock? They have the Dolphins trading up to #2 to grab Tua and the Lions passing on Young for Okudah lol.

Obviously I'd be happy with Okudah overall, but I just don't see how they could pass on Young.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-steve-palazzolo-2020-nfl-mock-draft-giants-land-chase-young-dolphins-trade-tua-tagovailoa

 

I actually think of young falls to us to 3, we take Okudah as well and have mentioned this somewhere on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

I actually think of young falls to us to 3, we take Okudah as well and have mentioned this somewhere on here.

I don't see that happening. Young is still the better player. It might not be by a lot, especially with the Lions, but he's still BPA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t disagree. Lions will take an elite dB over an elite de.  I didn’t say I’d do it. I think history will show ne values dbs over de.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't see that happening. Young is still the better player. It might not be by a lot, especially with the Lions, but he's still BPA. 

I don’t know. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me. CB’s that look to be able to play day 1 aren’t that common and the position is so important in. Patricia’s scheme. Obviously they would like to improve the pass rush as well. I just feel they have more opportunity to accomplish that.

So many interesting possibilities this year. I hope it goes off as planned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I don’t know. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me. CB’s that look to be able to play day 1 aren’t that common and the position is so important in. Patricia’s scheme. Obviously they would like to improve the pass rush as well. I just feel they have more opportunity to accomplish that.

So many interesting possibilities this year. I hope it goes off as planned. 

Exactly. And I think young is 1a and Okudah is a very close 1b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×