2020 NFL Draft

BZski

2 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I don’t disagree. Lions will take an elite dB over an elite de.  I didn’t say I’d do it. I think history will show ne values dbs over de.

That would be insanely STUPID!

13 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I don’t know. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me. CB’s that look to be able to play day 1 aren’t that common and the position is so important in. Patricia’s scheme. Obviously they would like to improve the pass rush as well. I just feel they have more opportunity to accomplish that.

So many interesting possibilities this year. I hope it goes off as planned. 

I am starting to feel this way as well.

Even if we are staring Young and Okudah in the face, I am starting to believe we will take Okudah. I am not mad about that. As you alluded to, there appear to be many different types of pass rushers in this class. Many of which would help our team and I do not believe the difference in prospect rating is very mich between the two. 

Btw- I still wouldn't be surprised if we chose Simmons. Just kind of seems like a BQ/MP pick.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

I am starting to feel this way as well.

Even if we are staring Young and Okudah in the face, I am starting to believe we will take Okudah. I am not mad about that. As you alluded to, there appear to be many different types of pass rushers in this class. Many of which would help our team and I do not believe the difference in prospect rating is very mich between the two. 

Btw- I still wouldn't be surprised if we chose Simmons. Just kind of seems like a BQ/MP pick.

Again very stupid to take Okudah over Young. Like really stupid. There is NOWAY to spin taking Okudah over Young as a good idea. 

9 minutes ago, BZski said:

Again very stupid to take Okudah over Young. Like really stupid. There is NOWAY to spin taking Okudah over Young as a good idea. 

Can you go further with this? I'm interested in why there is "NOWAY" to spin it.  Just to verify, I don't want Okudah over Young, but I think this is the route the Lions go.  I think there is an argument to be made for drafting Okudah over Young, but it is one I don't agree with.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BZski said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting it would be the right move, simply suggesting we could see why the Lions might feel this way.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

If the Lions get Chase Young, the saddest guy in the NFL is going to be Aaron Rodgers.  He would be facing Khalil Mack, Danielle Hunter, and now Chase Young all twice a season!

0bRJMPt.jpg

And Danica Patrick will have to wipe away his tears.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

That's quite a comparison. I don't know a lot about the guy.

He came to Wyoming as a CB so he has coverage skills as well. He was coached by our coaching staff at the Senior Bowl.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 12:30 PM, diehardlionfan said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting it would be the right move, simply suggesting we could see why the Lions might feel this way.

I wouldn't be shocked at all.

Again, I really think were targeting Simmons and Okudah.

Whomever we pick well probably say it's the guy we wanted all along lol

1 minute ago, detroitroar said:

If legit, he'd be well worth our 2nd. Hate to do that 2 years in a row, but if hes that good youd have to.

I think he is higher on the Lions board than many may believe. I wouldnt be surprised if he is that "WTF" pick we have every year from most Lions fans including myself (Kenny G, Walker, Tavai, Harris). I think he may be in the running for the pick at #35.