2020 NFL Draft

BZski

7 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

My question was, IF this is true, would you want to take a risk at Tua if he fell to the 2nd? I understand he probably won't, but if the concerns were great enough and you have a very talented, but fragile qb in the 2nd, would you take him if you were the Lions in 2020?

Yes I would.  I remember when we had a fragile QB that was close to being a bust, but hadn't missed games until this year since his second year.  I'd risk it again, especially if he has a year or two to fully recover before being forced back into it. 

11 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yes I would.  I remember when we had a fragile QB that was close to being a bust, but hadn't missed games until this year since his second year.  I'd risk it again, especially if he has a year or two to fully recover before being forced back into it. 

Main difference is Staff didnt have any injury concerns coming out. He had some freak things those first couple years.

Tua on the other hand has a more extensive injury history while playing in college.. 

That said, if he fell to the second, I would have to strongly consider taking him. 

• Like 1

Just now, BarryTheBest said:

Main difference is Staff didnt have any injury concerns coming out. He had some freak things those first couple years.

Tua on the other hand has a more extensive injury history while playing in college.. 

That said, if he fell to the second, I would have to strongly consider taking him. 

I get it but again, its not like he has a bad knee, or a bad back.  He has had a few injuries, the hip being the only thing really that kept him off the field.  His freak injuries in college are no different than Staffords in the pros, other than Stafford was lucky enough to get paid first.  But both have talent, and that talent is worth the risk if he is cleared by our medical staff. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

My question was, IF this is true, would you want to take a risk at Tua if he fell to the 2nd? I understand he probably won't, but if the concerns were great enough and you have a very talented, but fragile qb in the 2nd, would you take him if you were the Lions in 2020?

It’s a really tough question . I’m not a medical expert, he’s obviously an elite talent.  If there’s enough genuine concern that he falls that far I’d be pretty hesitant at that point. It would depend on why teams think he’s falling. Is it because he won’t be able to play in 2020 or because it’s a chronic issue that will persistently cause problems 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I get it but again, its not like he has a bad knee, or a bad back.  He has had a few injuries, the hip being the only thing really that kept him off the field.  His freak injuries in college are no different than Staffords in the pros, other than Stafford was lucky enough to get paid first.  But both have talent, and that talent is worth the risk if he is cleared by our medical staff. 

42 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

It’s a really tough question . I’m not a medical expert, he’s obviously an elite talent.  If there’s enough genuine concern that he falls that far I’d be pretty hesitant at that point. It would depend on why teams think he’s falling. Is it because he won’t be able to play in 2020 or because it’s a chronic issue that will persistently cause problems 

Assuming that we have more than one 2nd, I would do that at #35 in a heartbeat. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Assuming that we have more than one 2nd, I would do that at #35 in a heartbeat. 

And if we didn't? Because I would take him as well if we had two second round picks.  But I'm not sure otherwise.  If he was falling because teams didn't think he could stay healthy...Then I don't think I'd take him.

Edited by LionArkie

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Giants fan here. If the Lions do stay put at 3, is Okudah or Simmons the more likely pick? Or someone else? Just curious what the latest rumors out of Detroit are and how the fanbase feels.

I believe it to be Okudah.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Giants fan here. If the Lions do stay put at 3, is Okudah or Simmons the more likely pick? Or someone else? Just curious what the latest rumors out of Detroit are and how the fanbase feels.

I think the general consensus would be Okudah.  I know some feel different but he appears to be the best prospect outside of Young and the two QBs.  

• Like 1