Top CB
Top HB
Top 5 Edge
Top 5 Guard
Top 5 DT in run defense
High ceiling WR
OG hasn’t given up a sack in two seasons
A utility back
A waiver 5 tech who might make the roster.

To optimistic or real? Thoughts and why? 

I think you meant high floor WR.  He does not have a high Ceiling.  If he does not ball out in camp, if there is one, he won’t make the team unless their plan is a big slot.  I don’t think their is much development for him, but I think that was Quinn’s plan.  Other than Okwara he didn’t want to grab guys that don’t have a chance to contribute this year with the unknown status of camp/OTAs/etc.  So no big upside developmental players.

22 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

The guys giving Philadelphia an A- creating a curve. They had a pretty bad draft if you ask me. Reagor over Jefferson and a thrown away pick imo on Hurts. Don’t see anything that stands out about rest of there draft .  

ehh i wouldnt say it waas a throw away pick...

Other thoughts: it seemed like they were content getting guys that likely had higher draft value, but that fell in the draft for one reason or another. Julian Okwara was a player believed to be in the 1st round range, but an injury dropped him in the draft. Cephus was another that likely would've gone higher had he not missed an entire season due to a legal situation. If these players can regain their form, they should make for great value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Other thoughts: it seemed like they were content getting guys that likely had higher draft value, but that fell in the draft for one reason or another. Julian Okwara was a player believed to be in the 1st round range, but an injury dropped him in the draft. Cephus was another that likely would've gone higher had he not missed an entire season due to a legal situation. If these players can regain their form, they should make for great value.

100%. Excited to see them on the field 

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

100%. Excited to see them on the field 

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

His 4.7 at the combine also didn't help his case. He isn't going to win with athleticism but its not his game anyway. He also doesn't have to be a big contributor this year with KG, Marvin, Amendola plus Hall, Allison and others in the mix. Quinn has done a decent job finding weapons off of the street too - Hall, Scarborough, McKissic. Huntley could wind up as a slot guy too. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

His 4.7 at the combine also didn't help his case. He isn't going to win with athleticism but its not his game anyway. He also doesn't have to be a big contributor this year with KG, Marvin, Amendola plus Hall, Allison and others in the mix. Quinn has done a decent job finding weapons off of the street too - Hall, Scarborough, McKissic. Huntley could wind up as a slot guy too. 

Very true.

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

In front of all 32 NFL teams during Wisconsin's Pro Day, Cephus ran an official 4.56-second 40-yard dash. 

https://www.si.com/college/wisconsin/football/wisconsin-football-quintez-cephus-pro-day-interview

• Like 1

PFF gave us an A.

- Love Okudah

- Love Okwara

- Love Jackson and Stenberg

- Love Penisini as a run-stuffer (90.6 run stuffing grade in 2019; 83.2 in 2018)

They were wondering about Swift but basically said that we need to get him involved in the passing game, which I think the Lions will plan to do. 

Other NFC North grades

- Bears: B+

- Vikings: A

- Packers: D

I personally am a bigger fan of AJ Dillon than PFF is but have to enjoy seeing the Cheeseheads draft a back-up QB. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

PFF gave us an A.

- Love Okudah

- Love Okwara

- Love Jackson and Stenberg

- Love Penisini as a run-stuffer (90.6 run stuffing grade in 2019; 83.2 in 2018)

They were wondering about Swift but basically said that we need to get him involved in the passing game, which I think the Lions will plan to do. 

Other NFC North grades

- Bears: B+

- Vikings: A

- Packers: D

I personally am a bigger fan of AJ Dillon than PFF is but have to enjoy seeing the Cheeseheads draft a back-up QB. 

I do like the Packers drafting a QB. I think it’s a smart more for them.

28 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I do like the Packers drafting a QB. I think it’s a smart more for them.

With Rodgers having 4 years left on his deal and playing at a decent level? He isn't Roethlisberger, who has actively spoken of possible retirement. Maybe Love is too talented and rare to pass up but it feels exceptionally early to me. 

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

With Rodgers having 4 years left on his deal and playing at a decent level? He isn't Roethlisberger, who has actively spoken of possible retirement. Maybe Love is too talented and rare to pass up but it feels exceptionally early to me. 

At 36 years old retirement is looming. They drafted a QB that will benefit from sitting and learning.

Rodgers may not have spoken of retirement but bodies eventually break down. Injuries happen and the older you get the harder recovery can be. In Rodgers case the odds of retirement increase by a large percentage every year. 

In Love they drafted a QB that needs development time and has a great deal of talent. Love knows it as well so he should be fine sitting for two years or so before he gets antsy. 

I certainly understand your point though. If Rogers were younger (32) I would agree. I think the Packers feel they need to have a succession plan in place.