2020 NFL Draft

BZski

12 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Might could get Henderson at 16. Maybe. Could also potentially get Kinlaw + Terrel + a bunch of 2nd rounders for our #3

Yeah, definitely. There are some good CBs in this draft, and a ton of top-tier talent. Players will fall. One of those players at #16, with two 2nds, three 3rds, two 4ths and a future 1st would be one heck of a haul.

Just now, nagahide13 said:

Might could get Henderson at 16. Maybe. Could also potentially get Kinlaw + Terrel + a bunch of 2nd rounders for our #3

If Henderson really is CB #2 (and some say #1) then he's not slipping past a team like the Jags. The gap (IMO) between the top CB's is much more vast than the gap between the top DL's. Trufant is a nice bridge CB and a solid CB2 with a fully developed Okudah at CB1. 

I really like Kinlaw and don't even hate Brown if you get him in the 9 - 12 range. 

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, definitely. There are some good CBs in this draft, and a ton of top-tier talent. Players will fall. One of those players at #16, with two 2nds, three 3rds, two 4ths and a future 1st would be one heck of a haul.

This is just my opinion but I don't see a lot of good CB's, especially the ones that fit what the Lions want. 

I have 15 guys out of 39 combine/pro day participants that fit the ht/wt/40/arm length profile. That's if the Lions are liberal with their 200+ lb and accept 195-200 lbs'. We'd lose at least 2-3 of these guys if the threshold is a 4.50 40 (to avoid the Teez Tabor experience again). There's only going to be so many of these guys who are strong in man coverage. 

Round 1: Okudah, Henderson, Fulton

Round 2: Terrell, Noah I

Round 3: Michael O, B. Hall (more of a zone guy)

Round 4-5: Harper, Hand, Robinson

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

This is just my opinion but I don't see a lot of good CB's, especially the ones that fit what the Lions want. 

I have 15 guys out of 39 combine/pro day participants that fit the ht/wt/40/arm length profile. That's if the Lions are liberal with their 200+ lb and accept 195-200 lbs'. We'd lose at least 2-3 of these guys if the threshold is a 4.50 40 (to avoid the Teez Tabor experience again). There's only going to be so many of these guys who are strong in man coverage. 

Round 1: Okudah, Henderson, Fulton

Round 2: Terrell, Noah I

Round 3: Michael O, B. Hall (more of a zone guy)

Round 4-5: Harper, Hand, Robinson

Definitely. If we're looking at that haul to still come away with Henderson or Fulton in the 1st, or even Terrell or Noah in the 2nd, that works for me. That future 1st is a huge piece, and this draft has fantastic depth.

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Anyone have interest in OJ Howard for a 5th?

Yep. I think he and Njoku are being criminally underused. We have zero need at the position and I'd still do it simply because of his talent.

Edited by nagahide13

19 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Yep. I think he and Njoku are being criminally underused. We have zero need at the position and I'd still do it simply because of his talent.

We don't have zero need. Hockenson is coming back from injury, Jesse James might not be worthy as TE2, Logan Thomas is in Washington and Nauta is an unknown. Im optimistic on Hock but we aren't solidified at TE. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

There are also rumors that the Falcons are interested in making a bold move well into the top 10, and want a CB. Would you trade down to #16 with ATL for picks #47, #78, #143 and a future 1st round pick?

Moving down that far means you're drafting at least a tier if not more lower.  Are you willing to do that for more picks?

6 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

One could make a legitimate argument that Tua is the best long-term selection, and that the Lions are a great destination for him: he'll be able to sit behind a franchise QB for a few years while getting up to speed. Once Tua is ready, the Lions would move Stafford and hand him the ball, seamlessly transitioning from one franchise QB to the next.

There's also a legitimate discussion to be had that Tua is the worst possible selection that Detroit could reasonably make.  It's really not much of a surprise that the Lions' FO and coaching staff figure to be on the hot seats this years.  Do you take a pick for a future regime who doesn't have any ties to the player?  What happens if the next GM decides they don't like Tua.  It's a Rosen situation all over again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

We don't have zero need. Hockenson is coming back from injury, Jesse James might not be worthy as TE2, Logan Thomas is in Washington and Nauta is an unknown. Im optimistic on Hock but we aren't solidified at TE. 

I actually think JJ has potential as a low end #1. I think Hock will be solid at the very least. We have 2 guys I believe in right now. Still, OJ Howard has potential to be special. I'm all for it.

I promise you guys that Kinlaw is in the top 10. 50% chance he goes ahead of Brown.

I guess the "Miami to #3 for Andrew Thomas" talk has a non-zero chance but a 99% chance to be total bs.

At this point I think the Lions trading out of 3 is very unlikely. I don't think they can get a deal done. You can say "it takes two to make a deal" but when there seemingly is never a partner, the possibility that you're the one doing something wrong goes up and up.

• Like 1

Just now, detroitroar said:

Jumping the Giants makes sense if they love Thomas.

I dont care who they pick really...just gimme 39 and maybe some change and I'm happy.

But is there enough to separate Thomas from OT2 that would justify giving up 39+?  That's the problem I'm having issues with.  You've got four OT who could legitimately be argued as the top OT in the draft.  Why would you give up a pretty significant asset for that?