2020 NFL Draft

BZski

2 hours ago, Lionized said:

Don’t let it be Brees 2.0. If Saban had not failed his physical, Saban would probably still be coaching in the NFL and Sean Payton would not be the Saints head coach. 

Deshaun Watson has missed 14 games vs Mitch 2. Which QB would you rather have? You take Watson because he’s the better QB. 

At least credit Colin’s show if your going to parrot it

1 minute ago, Michael1976 said:

I thought he was mimicking Dan O

That is actually a really tough question... and the answer is going to be c) Another QB that you expect to be more reliable to get on the field and stay on the field. We've seen a team like the Cardinals draft back to back QB's and be competitive despite the change. If Wentz is injured and the Eagles have a terrible season, is anyone going to blame them if they took Justin Fields despite having Wentz on their roster? Probably not. 

2 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Both, Saban did an interview on Cowherds show today talking about Brees was there choice but the medical people said no.  Colin also played the clip of Dan O a dozen times. I was just busting the guys chops 

I didn't actually get to listen to it. Been catching up on Westworld.

Edited by Karnage84

1 hour ago, MortexLion said:

Anyone else believe we don't draft okudah?..I was watching BoB's interviews this past week and hows hes stated that he believe this is a deep draft class for CB's and that there is plenty of talent...I'm not one to faver taking a CB so high seeing the turn around in the first year really hasn't worked to a T. Plus having spent a 2nd on a CB that was a bust just a couple years ago and finding success with a later round CB I'd just be hesitant to think he takes one with the 3rd overall pick....One thing also where does Okudah fall or get drafted at if we don't take him?

I don't think we take him.  I bet we have offers to trade down but I think we stay at 3 and take Brown.  It's Quinn's MO and he's an idiot that is ok taking singles all day.  Brown is just that.  A single that you stretch into a double.  Brown will be good in the NFL but he won't be great.  Think Brocker's career.  Good.  Not great.  No one is trading multiple 1st round picks for him.  Now think Ramsey.  That's what Okudah could bring to a team.

Brown is a run stuffing DT with decent (not good, not great) pass rush ability who tested poorly at the combine.  He doesn't have great pad level when he plays.  He pops straight up a lot and he's able to get away with it as he's a very strong Senior that's able to bully a bunch of college kids.  I just wouldn't bank on him dominating grown men the same way.  To me a that is not worth a top ten pick...which is why Quinn will take him.  He doesn't understand positional value.

• Like 1

Personally I believe Okudah and Brown are way over hyped..I just spent two hours watching them both and all I got to say is the Clemson game was the only team okudah had top competition... In my opinion..don't kill me 

Edited by MortexLion

1 minute ago, MortexLion said:

Personally I believe Okudah and Brown are way over hyped..I just spent two hours watching them both and all I got to say is the Clemson game was the only team okudah had top competition... In my opinion..don't kill me 

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

Okudah is a barrier player and plays alone on an island. You have to play against the guys opposite of you. Chase Young faced the same level of competition. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

It's Quinn's MO and he's an idiot that is ok taking singles all day.

I'll elaborate on my thoughts on this...

Considering the bust rate in the first round, when you're drafting in the teens/twenties, you're hoping for singles. You want to avoid outright busts. So far, Quinn has done a fine job of that.

We haven't seen him drafting in the top 3, so I don't think it's fair to use his history and assume he'll mess it up. (He very well could, but we haven't seen that happen yet.)

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'll elaborate on my thoughts on this...

Considering the bust rate in the first round, when you're drafting in the teens/twenties, you're hoping for singles. You want to avoid outright busts. So far, Quinn has done a fine job of that.

We haven't seen him drafting in the top 3, so I don't think it's fair to use his history and assume he'll mess it up. (He very well could, but we haven't seen that happen yet.)

The biggest question mark was taking Hockenson over addressing DL. However, this year's TE class seems light with nobody really coming close other than maybe Kmet, to the group last year. Hockenson being the highest rated guy at the time with it also being a position of need. That's still TBD. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

Okudah is a barrier player and plays alone on an island. You have to play against the guys opposite of you. Chase Young faced the same level of competition. 

Well like we have learned with the lions when you have a great DL your CBs look what..Great when you have a **** DL like last year..I'm sure you get my point

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

Well like we have learned with the lions when you have a great DL your CBs look what..Great when you have a **** DL like last year..I'm sure you get my point

yes pass rush is everything. maybe not just a great DE but great blitz playcall and then faking blitz to mess up the QB playcall. and not let teams know....like the Jets lmao

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000960919/article/jets-defenders-say-they-knew-the-lions-plays

Obviously M.P. knows this. so hopefully we see something change.