2020 NFL Draft

BZski

Just now, Karnage84 said:

How are we all assuming that trading down is just that easy? It takes two teams. Dolphins must have called around and decided to hold onto their picks on basis theyd take either QB. Notice nobody in 10 picks has traded yet? 

like I said, you can only say "it takes two teams" so many times in a row.

Just now, Karnage84 said:

How are we all assuming that trading down is just that easy? It takes two teams. Dolphins must have called around and decided to hold onto their picks on basis theyd take either QB. Notice nobody in 10 picks has traded yet? 

I'm thinking that Miami wouldn't offer #5 +, and we knew Jacksonville would take Okudah (and we wanted him that much more than guys at 9)

No trades at all. I guess the lack of war-rooms is really killing teams ability to maneuver.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In fairness, Slay even said that last year was fine, and that there wasn't an issue. He held a grudge against the coach for a comment made in 2018 and didn't approach that coach to clear the air for a full year.

WOW 

Go google stuff. He's said enough already to totally discredit this. He clearly had a problem with the coaches and was never going to work out. That doesn't make things... OK.

Sure he played and tried cause he's a professional but that doesn't mean things... are "Fine". 

Edited by SimbaWho

16 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

If Quinn gets me Epenesa, I will forgive him. If he doesn't have a chance, I'll still dislike him. If he passes on Epenesa, he's dead to me.

I have felt Quinn has always been more talk than action when it comes to trading down. No defense for him, but we truly have no idea if any teams really had interest in moving up. Not being able to really meet with players this year has likely given much pause due to the uncertainty.

That said, I have felt we would be very deliberate this year due to the mandate 

2 minutes ago, Michael1976 said:

I have and I don't think he was ran out.

Alright, what do you think happened?

Actually, Never, doesn't matter what you think really it's prolly not very enlightening. 

Edited by SimbaWho

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

passive aggressive and also doesn't even engage with my point that Slay got run off by the coach

He wanted big money at 30 years old and Lions didnt want to pay him. All of the other stuff feels like noise from a guy that felt disrespected from not being handed contract he felt he deserved. I would rather it worked out differently but it is what it is. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

He wanted big money at 30 years old and Lions didnt want to pay him. All of the other stuff feels like noise from a guy that felt disrespected from not being handed contract he felt he deserved. I would rather it worked out differently but it is what it is. 

I would be more willing to agree with this if he were the only one. Diggs, Harrison, multiple players who the Lions could have kept leaving in free agency.

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

like I said, you can only say "it takes two teams" so many times in a row.

And/or they wanted to get their guy and offers weren't worth losing out on him. Jags took Henderson at #9, they could have been an easy trade up candidate to snag him. 

Just now, Superduperman said:

I would be more willing to agree with this if he were the only one. Diggs, Harrison, multiple players who the Lions could have kept leaving in free agency.

You mean the absolutely brutal 2019 version of Snacks with an $11M cap hit? Quinn offered the contract extension, that was his mistake. He didnt double down, moved on and has made steps towards improving that unit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Alright, what do you think happened?

I think he was just being petty on a number of things.  1st) he was probably upset that the Lions paid Snacks and not him.  2nd) He felt that for some reason the Lions needed to consult him before trading Diggs and 3rd) he never got over from being called out in the team meeting 2 years ago.  So I can see where he might have felt disrespected, but by no means was he forced out.

• Like 3