2020 NFL Draft

BZski

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

I would be more willing to agree with this if he were the only one. Diggs, Harrison, multiple players who the Lions could have kept leaving in free agency.

Glover Quin as well, though he was physically done as well as checked out.

Matt Patty definitely drove a bunch of the lockerroom away in his first season. Really hope he grew the @#$% up... strides were made in year two.

The real problem is ownership for hiring guys that dismantled a system already on the brink of prolonged success.

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Glover Quin as well, though he was physically done as well as checked out.

Matt Patty definitely drove a bunch of the lockerroom away in his first season. Really hope he grew the @#$% up... strides were made in year two.

The real problem is ownership for hiring guys that dismantled a system already on the brink of prolonged success.

Not that we could have predicted this but Caldwell would not still be the coach today due to his health. So we would be in a regime change regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Michael1976 said:

I think he was just being petty on a number of things.  1st) he was probably upset that the Lions paid Snacks and not him.  2nd) He felt that for some reason the Lions needed to consult him before trading Diggs and 3rd) he never got over from being called out in the team meeting 2 years ago.  So I can see where he might have felt disrespected, but by no means was he forced out.

So what do you call it? Coach treats you like a trash, Your the best player on defense, and they're paying other people besides you. What do you call it? Seems like a bit of a push out/forceful moves to alienate someone. None of that seems like a normal situation. 

Anyone who thinks I'm a hater, I would just ask you, take a second and think about the Lions like they ain't your favorite team. Look at them like you'd look at, say, the Jets. Or the Titans.

Remove that emotional interest you have in being optimistic about the Lions because you want them to be good. Then tell me I'm being unreasonable.

see you tomorrow night

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Anyone who thinks I'm a hater, I would just ask you, take a second and think about the Lions like they ain't your favorite team. Look at them like you'd look at, say, the Jets. Or the Titans.

Remove that emotional interest you have in being optimistic about the Lions because you want them to be good. Then tell me I'm being unreasonable.

see you tomorrow night

I get labeled a hater, and maybe for good reason but this is how I approach the Lions.

I seriously... Wish so bad. SO BAD.... That the Lions were good. I'd trade a Lions Super Bowl for never making the playoffs in any other DET sport!

I've got hope for the next regime. There's still always tomorrow. ;)

Edited by SimbaWho

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

I get labeled a hater, and maybe for good reason but this is how I approach the Lions.

I seriously... Wish so bad. SO BAD.... That the Lions were good. I'd trade a Lions Super Bowl for never making the playoffs in any other DET sport!

What are you french

;)

Edited by nagahide13

1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

So what do you call it? Coach treats you like a trash, Your the best player on defense, and they're paying other people besides you. What do you call it? Seems like a bit of a push out/forceful moves to alienate someone. None of that seems like a normal situation. 

He didnt treat him like trash. Mistakes were made but we are talking about a situation from 2018, over 2 seasons ago. This was principally about money. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I’m pretty sure Slay wasn’t the only player that was called out in meeting, so…… As far as not being payed, maybe if he didn’t go all Antonio Brown on social media they might have offered him an extension. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm thinking that Miami wouldn't offer #5 +, and we knew Jacksonville would take Okudah (and we wanted him that much more than guys at 9)

Yeah, Jacksonville taking Henderson at #9 really changes things, as it gives validity to the reports that Jacksonville was pushing to move up to #4 and take Okudah.

If that's the reason that Quinn didn't move down: so be it.

Just now, Michael1976 said:

I’m pretty sure Slay wasn’t the only player that was called out in meeting, so…… As far as not being payed, maybe if he didn’t go all Antonio Brown on social media they might have offered him an extension. 

He was the best player on the team and Patricia was trying to set a tone, right or wrongly, as a new HC. We have gone over all of this in other threads in great detail.