2020 NFL Draft

BZski

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, Jacksonville taking Henderson at #9 really changes things, as it gives validity to the reports that Jacksonville was pushing to move up to #4 and take Okudah.

If that's the reason that Quinn didn't move down: so be it.

It doesn't guarantee it but they clearly wanted a Lions-esque guy at CB. If we traded to 6, they could have made a move up. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

He didnt treat him like trash. Mistakes were made but we are talking about a situation from 2018, over 2 seasons ago. This was principally about money. 

Slay said he and Patricia had a more "solid" relationship last season, but that things were past the point of repair because of the 2018 incident.

"They probably got a different side of me if he ain’t say what he said," Slay said. "How he approach me, I approach him, so I approach him different. If he wasn’t coaching me, I don’t want to hear too much on what you got to say. So if you’re not trying to help me build my game up to help me become a better player for this team, I don’t want to hear it. I don’t need you really asking me about how my family’s doing. I don’t really need you to ask me (about) my kids and stuff. I don’t want that because you done disrespected me and I ain’t really trying to hear it."

“I mean, the guys that didn’t respond to it right are the ones that’s already kind of gone," Slay said. "So if you don’t like how he talk, he kind of get you out of there."

Slay said he had "a great relationship" with Lions general manager Bob Quinn, and he would have considered signing a long-term deal had the money been right. The Lions and Slay's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, had on-again, off-again contract talks that Slay said he asked to table around midseason.

“Bringing Matty P in with me with how he approached me and said that to me in front of the whole team, it was real embarrassing and I just ain’t appreciate that and that’s where we fell off and that’s where we’re going to always be," Slay said.

The Lions tried to trade Slay at last October's trade deadline, after they dealt Slay's good friend, Quandre Diggs, to the Seattle Seahawks.

Unable to find a taker for their asking price, the Lions held onto Slay and went looking for a match again this offseason.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2020/03/19/detroit-lions-darius-slay-matt-patricia/2881160001/

Here's some fact but most of you are like horse you bring to water that won't drink. 

You'll twist it on Slay instead of a 1st time HC who hasn't done squat disrespecting a proven player. 

Edited by SimbaWho

11 minutes ago, Michael1976 said:

I’m pretty sure Slay wasn’t the only player that was called out in meeting, so…… As far as not being payed, maybe if he didn’t go all Antonio Brown on social media they might have offered him an extension. 

Real stretch now calling him Antonio Brown. Especailly cause he played years after the altercation. Grasp your straws. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Anyone who thinks I'm a hater, I would just ask you, take a second and think about the Lions like they ain't your favorite team. Look at them like you'd look at, say, the Jets. Or the Titans.

Remove that emotional interest you have in being optimistic about the Lions because you want them to be good. Then tell me I'm being unreasonable.

see you tomorrow night

I dont think you are a hater at all, just a pessimist due to years of ineptitude and heart break.

I am an optimist.. There must always exist both types of people in this world. Yin and Yang my brother.