2020 NFL Draft

BZski

11 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I'm kind of thinking trading down is going to be another pipe dream.  Then I read this and feel even stronger about the trade down not happening.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884704-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-2020-draft-rumors-for-every-nfl-team

You’re going to hear a lot of false information right now as teams are going to try to throw off other teams. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

You’re going to hear a lot of false information right now as teams are going to try to throw off other teams. 

I know, but I think Tua has a lot going against him and there are several quarterbacks in this draft for a team to choose from. I am no fan of Herbert and think he won't amount to much in the NFL, Jordan Love I'm not so sure about. I think unless Jacksonville enters the fray to drive up the desperation, which I don't think they will do, I think both Miami and SD stand pat.  We will see in a few weeks though.

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Anything is possible. If we come away from this first round with either Okudah/Young/Simmons/Brown... great!! If we come away with extra picks... even better!! 

Yeah, we definitely have some very good looking talent available to us. I'm ready for it to happen already.

39 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I'm kind of thinking trading down is going to be another pipe dream.  Then I read this and feel even stronger about the trade down not happening.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884704-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-2020-draft-rumors-for-every-nfl-team

I've got this feeling that the Lions are going to be asking for too much from a team to move up.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I've got this feeling that the Lions are going to be asking for too much from a team to move up.

I also think the draft realities of social distancing might inhibit trades during the draft. I think you’re right about Detroit’s ask. Given the lack of access teams have had to players they might be reluctant to invest heavily in trading up due to increased risk. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I also think the draft realities of social distancing might inhibit trades during the draft. I think you’re right about Detroit’s ask. Given the lack of access teams have had to players they might be reluctant to invest heavily in trading up due to increased risk. 

It might also push people to move up for their guy though since its been harder to evaluate.  If they dont love Herbert or Love as much and havent had them on-site, they may be more likely to go get the best prospect. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Are things honestly any different than any other years in that sense?  I mean, teams pick up the phones and call all the time during the draft gauging trade values.  I don't think that's going to be the issue.  Just my opinion, but I feel like Jeffery Okudah is going to be the highest ranked player on the Lions' board this side of Joe Burrow and/or Chase Young.  If the Lions want Okudah that badly, are they willing to risk missing out on him?  What happens if the Lions trade down with say the Chargers if the Giants or Dolphins take Okudah instead?  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Are things honestly any different than any other years in that sense?  I mean, teams pick up the phones and call all the time during the draft gauging trade values.  I don't think that's going to be the issue.  Just my opinion, but I feel like Jeffery Okudah is going to be the highest ranked player on the Lions' board this side of Joe Burrow and/or Chase Young.  If the Lions want Okudah that badly, are they willing to risk missing out on him?  What happens if the Lions trade down with say the Chargers if the Giants or Dolphins take Okudah instead?  

I've thought about this as well, but I think there are several others who will be on the Lions board who rank close to Okudah that they can land.  I think Simmons, Brown, and or a LT could very be well ranked up there with Okudah and they will value them + pick greater than Okudah by himself.  That's if they can get the trade down, which I don't think is going to be the case.

3 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I've thought about this as well, but I think there are several others who will be on the Lions board who rank close to Okudah that they can land.  I think Simmons, Brown, and or a LT could very be well ranked up there with Okudah and they will value them + pick greater than Okudah by himself.  That's if they can get the trade down, which I don't think is going to be the case.

Okudah destroys them in skill. He's just a CB and they usually arent a top 10 drafted position. especially top 3. I want nothing to do with Brown or a "LT". does that mean any LT? Lol. not even one is close to Okudah.. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

Okudah destroys them in skill. He's just a CB and they usually arent a top 10 drafted position. especially top 3. I want nothing to do with Brown or a "LT". does that mean any LT? Lol. not even one is close to Okudah.. 

I don't disagree with you one bit.  I'm not a Brown fan, but I think we're in the minority on that one, and yes, LT means any LT the Lions value.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think there may be more trades prior to draft day this year. With the uncertainty of the draft flow I can see teams wanting to get trades out of the way earlier. The Eagles trade up for Wentz pick 9 days prior to the draft. I can see a trade happening next week if Lions get an offer they like.

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

If the Jags offered you 9 and then a choice of either 20 or Yannick Ngakoue which one would you take? 

I like Yannick but that’s a no brainer you take 20 and the 5 yr rookie contract. Choosing Yannick would be a selfish panic move for a front office likely on its last year that’s not in a position to win a Super Bowl 

• Like 2