2020 NFL Draft

BZski

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I would have loved for us to trade down and still land Okudah at 5 or 6. That option was just not on the table for a variety of reasons. Quinn took the best guy for us, on the board and at a major position of need. He didn't force a move down for pennies on the dollar and taking anything just to move and lost out on his guy. 

This is not being a "Quinn-head" or whatever nickname we could make up for someone that is pro-Quinn. Just not going to fault a GM for taking BPA, at a position of need when there's a clear gap between this player and the next player at that position, and the analytics support this type of player in this pick range. 

The fact that he took Okudah makes me ok with it.  If he would have stayed and taken Brown I would have lost my “stuff”.  What sucks is looking at all those player available in the 2nd.  Now we need to figure out how we can get an extra pick.

Just now, Millenhater said:

The fact that he took Okudah makes me ok with it.  If he would have stayed and taken Brown I would have lost my “stuff”.  What sucks is looking at all those player available in the 2nd.  Now we need to figure out how we can get an extra pick.

I get that... it also means that some other guys will drop and we do have two 3rd round picks and two 5th's. Quinn has been pretty decent in rounds 3-5. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Here is a thought and a chess move.  No trade partners because they somehow know you don’t want Tua.  

Take Tua.  Force their hand. 

Let’s say they call my bluff.  Worst case scenario I sit Tua for a year and get him healthy.  How valuable is he next year on trade market?

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I get that... it also means that some other guys will drop and we do have two 3rd round picks and two 5th's. Quinn has been pretty decent in rounds 3-5. 

Quinn has actually been really good in the 3rd.  Like he owns that round.  His best players have all come from that round: Glasgow, Walker, Golladay. I’m hoping he can pull it off again this year but twice.  I will say though that I really want to grab one of the remaining big 3 RBs and think we may have to trade up to get one.  Akers would be good in the 3rd but I think there’s definitely a drop off.

20 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Dave Gettleman has never traded down in the first round...EVER.  Neither has Quinn.  I think teams bet on the incompetence of those two GMs and won.

I don’t disagree. However, Quinn might have been looking over his shoulder if he did trade back at Jacksonville. If Okudah was Quinn’s guy, then why would he trade down and risk losing him? It’s been pointed out you trade up for your guy, then why would Quinn trade back and risk losing his guy?

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

I don’t disagree. However, Quinn might have been looking over his shoulder if he did trade back at Jacksonville. If Okudah was Quinn’s guy, then why would he trade down and risk losing him? It’s been pointed out you trade up for your guy, then why would Quinn trade back and risk losing his guy?

The only way you do that if you're Quinn, is if you have Okudah and Henderson rated very very closely (or be the contrarian and have CH over JO) and expect to pull extra value. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Like I said, we are Lions fans. We can't have nice things.

We get the 2nd best defensive player in the draft at a major position of need and Quinn is still somehow incompetent for not trading back, despite not receiving any formal offers. 

Supposedly didn’t receive offers.  Having said that I’m not mad at the pick.  Like at all.   I love the pick.  I’m just like a dad; I’m not mad, i’m Just disappointed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

go d-line or edge at 35?

I’m leaning towards Gallimore, Epenesa or YGM. They are what we need, good talent and high value. 

But McKinney and Swift sitting there is good value IMO. 

My dream scenario would be to move back and grab two but I just don’t see a lot of trades happening this year. 

ETA: A lot of OL sitting here as well. 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

I’m leaning towards Gallimore, Epenesa or YGM. They are what we need, good talent and high value. 

But McKinney and Swift sitting there is good value IMO. 

My dream scenario would be to move back and grab two but I just don’t see a lot of trades happening this year. 

ETA: A lot of OL sitting here as well. 

I think I’d wait on the OL.  There’s a chance there’s a run and we miss out on a guy but I feel like the end of the 3rd beginning of the 4th the drop off in talent isnt as severe for the IOL as it is at other positions.  

Epenesa right now is the guy for me.  I also would like YGM if we are talking DL/EDGE.  I really don’t want Gallimore or Blacklock or Davidson.  I just have a feeling those guys are only going to be ok/bust.  I don’t know why but I just get that feeling.  They just have attributes of players I’ve liked in the past that haven’t panned out. 

McKinney is a guy that think is too good of a talent to pass on as well.

I prefer Dobbins and Taylor over Swift but I really want us to find a way to take one of those guys.  I’m sick of having a patch work RB Core.  I want a stud RB.  Honestly one of these RBs would probably have the biggest impact on our team over any player on the board.

• Like 1