2020 NFL Draft

BZski

55 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

With the amount of talent in this draft, if the Lions really wanted to move down, I have a hard time believing that they would be "stuck" at #3. I feel that a number of teams from #7-#12 could have an interest, and it could make a lot of sense for the Lions to get compensation to still grab a great prospect.

His "quick hits" don't really make sense.

'Okudah isn't the #1 corner on a lot of boards. Simmons and Okudah might slip. Therefore, the Lions are stuck at three because nobody will trade up for a QB.'

What?

If you check the guy's twitter bio, he's got 5 kids. He has obviously gone quarantine insane from hearing complete nonsense for weeks on end.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 2

I wonder with all the “names on the block’  I wouldn’t be upset if we dropped from 3 and got some veteran players. 

some names I hear fournette,yannick, Jamal adams, thuney, Edelman,  Melvin Ingram r. Freeman, 

Edited by flyguy1609

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ouch. NFL.com did a 32 person 1st round mock, with Nate Burleson representing the Lions. He stayed at #3 and took... Derrick Brown. Underwhelming.

I wouldn't hate it. He is a fine prospect. Trade down certainly preferred tho.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ouch. NFL.com did a 32 person 1st round mock, with Nate Burleson representing the Lions. He stayed at #3 and took... Derrick Brown. Underwhelming.

I am sort of just emotionally preparing myself I think but I just think we stay at 3 and take an OT or Kinlaw.  I said it a month or more ago and still feel like thats whats going to happen.  I think anything at 3 other than Okudah or Tua is a reach given there are about 8 prospects I am fine with if we move back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I am sort of just emotionally preparing myself I think but I just think we stay at 3 and take an OT or Kinlaw.  I said it a month or more ago and still feel like thats whats going to happen.  I think anything at 3 other than Okudah or Tua is a reach given there are about 8 prospects I am fine with if we move back. 

Anyone other than Tua or Young at 3 is extremely disappointing to me.  I’ve got similar overall grades on Okudah, Simmons, Brown and Kinlaw. Simmons worries me the most of that group but he’s also the most intriguing.  I’m really getting back on the D.Brown train, I started looking at him to much as a 3tech/NT tweener but he’s really a pure 3tech that just happens to be enough of a beast to play nose. He wrecks everything when aligned properly. He needs to learn some more hand fighting moves but everything I’ve read is he is A+ character A+ work ethic so it can come.  My only concern is the rocket scientist would outthink everyone and turn him into a 2gaper.  Kinlaws is an absolute beast with all the talent in the world. Can’t handle the double like Brown but he shoots gaps so quick.  It’s Chis Jones vs Warren Sapp/Fletcher Cox.   

Its not that none of these guys are worth3 so much as It’d  just be a lot cooler to pick up some  extra picks and grab the other.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

i dont think were going get a ton to drop to 3-5/6 if we trade back. if the dolphins offer 5&39 that maybe the best offer.. ive been reading that the dolphins may just stand pat and get whatever at pick 5

Rumour is that the Giants have been looking at Herbert. If you're the Chargers, that does have to give you some pause and force the need to move up. Either the Lions and/or Giants could draft/trade their picks and leave the other LA franchise needing to look elsewhere. 

1 - Bengals: Burrow

2 -  Redskins: Young

3 - Lions:

4 - Giants: Herbert/Tua

5 - Dolphins: Herbert/Tua

6 - Chargers:

13 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

i dont think were going get a ton to drop to 3-5/6 if we trade back. if the dolphins offer 5&39 that maybe the best offer.. ive been reading that the dolphins may just stand pat and get whatever at pick 5

Yeah we’ll see, the gossip section of the media is pushing the Herbert angle but all the film guys are saying there’s no comparison, it’s not even close. The injury exists obviously but how can an NFL franchise really justify missing out on the qb they prefer. If they actually prefer Herbert maybe we’re screwed but if someone really wants Tua as there franchise player they should be willing to pay the cost

Edited by BigC421/
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, detroitroar said:

Could of swore someone said something eerily similar about us taking Fairley way back when... 🤔🤔🤔

I was pissed that year too.  Haha.  Honestly 2013 is the only year I've been pretty happy.  I didn't know who Martin was but i was excited that we took a punter.  I think I wanted Locke (as he was one of the only Punters i know about.)