2020 NFL Draft

BZski

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Anyone other than Tua or Young at 3 is extremely disappointing to me.  I’ve got similar overall grades on Okudah, Simmons, Brown and Kinlaw. Simmons worries me the most of that group but he’s also the most intriguing.  I’m really getting back on the D.Brown train, I started looking at him to much as a 3tech/NT tweener but he’s really a pure 3tech that just happens to be enough of a beast to play nose. He wrecks everything when aligned properly. He needs to learn some more hand fighting moves but everything I’ve read is he is A+ character A+ work ethic so it can come.  My only concern is the rocket scientist would outthink everyone and turn him into a 2gaper.  Kinlaws is an absolute beast with all the talent in the world. Can’t handle the double like Brown but he shoots gaps so quick.  It’s Chis Jones vs Warren Sapp/Fletcher Cox.   

Its not that none of these guys are worth3 so much as It’d  just be a lot cooler to pick up some  extra picks and grab the other.

They are not taking Tua at 3 nor should they. Young would be a no brainer but Tua is being way overvalued by Lions fans.

16 minutes ago, BZski said:

They are not taking Tua at 3 nor should they. Young would be a no brainer but Tua is being way overvalued by Lions fans.

If the Lions draft Tua it would be the biggest draft mistake of the last 20 years. It would just be more evidence of ego and an inability of Patricia to maximize talent on the team. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BZski said:

1 minute ago, diehardlionfan said:

If the Lions draft Tua it would be the biggest draft mistake of the last 20 years. It would just be more evidence of ego and an inability of Patricia to maximize talent on the team. 

If you don’t think he’s a good qb prospect or have some kind of medical insight beyond the rest of us then I guess I could see that opinion.  If he’s a good qb it’s a good a pick

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

If you don’t think he’s a good qb prospect or have some kind of medical insight beyond the rest of us then I guess I could see that opinion.  If he’s a good qb it’s a good a pick

Not when you already have a great qb in his prime.

1 hour ago, detroitroar said:

Not when you already have a great qb in his prime.

I’m going to give a take that will get me flamed like a Whopper, but here it goes.

What if the team won’t be ready to compete until the current quarterback is past his prime, then what will they do?  I like Stafford and think he doesn’t get the respect he deserves a lot of the time, but if the Lions won’t be a contending team for at least 3-4 more years (an unpopular, but not out of the realm possibility).  Wouldn’t it be better to have a possible franchise QB just starting his prime at the helm than the latter? 

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

just curios would you guys/gals do this trade?? on twitter i've seen people split on it. im leaning more toward yes.

It wouldn’t be my ideal trade back scenario, but it’s intriguing none the less.  I’d be about 55% in favor of that trade.

1 minute ago, Michael1976 said:

It wouldn’t be my ideal trade back scenario, but it’s intriguing none the less.  I’d be about 55% in favor of that trade.

No, I wouldn't. We give the Dolphins #3 and let them keep #5.. losing out on Okudah and the other impact players?

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Not for a team that’s in win now mode. If you’re a rebuilding team, sure. His ability has nothing to do with my position. 

Drafting Tua to sit on the bench while you field a roster that’s inadequate is such a Lions move. 

22 minutes ago, Michael1976 said:

I’m going to give a take that will get me flamed like a Whopper, but here it goes.

What if the team won’t be ready to compete until the current quarterback is past his prime, then what will they do?  I like Stafford and think he doesn’t get the respect he deserves a lot of the time, but if the Lions won’t be a contending team for at least 3-4 more years (an unpopular, but not out of the realm possibility).  Wouldn’t it be better to have a possible franchise QB just starting his prime at the helm than the latter? 

Well, if they aren’t going to be a contender for 3-4 years it’s still a wasted pick because Quinn and company will be gone. A new group will be brought in and the musical chairs begins anew.

That said, it wouldn’t surprise me because it’s such a lions thing to do. Heck in the second round they could even draft a TE.😎

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

No, I wouldn't. We give the Dolphins #3 and let them keep #5.. losing out on Okudah and the other impact players?

its a fun debate. we'd lose out on the A+ prospects but can get A-, B+, prospects. The Dolphins would have 3 &5...

it would come down to this would you rather (using Ryan Wilson latest cbs mock for players pick at those picks!!)  have Okudah,or Mckinny(safety) & Cleveland(OL)& Gross-Matos (edge) 

also were more then 1 cb from winning the super bowl. thats what it came down to for me, thats why i would do that trade. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

its a fun debate. we'd lose out on the A+ prospects but can get A-, B+, prospects. The Dolphins would have 3 &5...

it would come down to this would you rather (using Ryan Wilson latest cbs mock for players pick at those picks!!)  have Okudah,or Mckinny(safety) & Cleveland(OL)& Gross-Matos (edge) 

also were more then 1 cb from winning the super bowl. thats what it came down to for me, thats why i would do that trade. 

All valid points. I would add that the draft is where you get an opportunity to add cost effective top talent. 

28 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Sometimes you just have to roll the dice.  In that scenario they’ll have a shot at 4 “very good” or “great” prospects instead in 1 “elite” and 1 “very good/great” prospect. 

My bad flyguy1609 beat me to it.  I like the way he thinks.

Edited by Michael1976
  • Like 1