Draft Capital (I'm OCDing)

G

6 minutes ago, G said:

If they are studs we hope to trade for draft capital before they leave or just get 3rd round comps. Either way if they're good, it's a good problem to have.

We could probably keep 4/6 by locking up 2-3 on an extension the offseason prior to their contract year and another 1-2 in FA but I’d guess 2 would get away.  
that said I think there’s extra value in trading back to the late first or at most trading 19 for 2 2nd.  We’d also have 3 3rds hitting FA that year too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Once again, this has nothing to do with Carr, you’re just being sensitive and way way over thinking things.  

Also, I’m ok if Mayock gets a WR1 at 12, but you justifying it as “Why wouldn’t we get Carr a WR1, someone who really needs it” is not a good reason. WR1 is a luxury position, they are rare in the NFL. Drafting one because you think your QB is not good without one, is not a good reason to draft one. 

I’m not sensitive, I just think some people on here have an agenda and almost hope CARR fails so they can say I told you so.

There is a tremendous need at WR, the biggest need on the team by far.  And zero Carr haters want to get Lamb or Jeudy.... just seems fishy is all I’m saying.  And they’re not saying they want Brown instead, which I could understand.

and yes there is value in filling the biggest need we have and it’s only a secondary  benefit that it would give us a chance to accurately judge Carr as our future QB.  It’s quite a large cost to acquire a new QB, I’d want to know I can’t win with Carr once he has a supporting cast before moving on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jesus christ, this has nothing to do with Carr in any, way, shape, or form. 

This is why the group of 4-5 of you guys get labeled a cult. 

Someone disagrees with you, it becomes about how the other poster hates Carr somehow ffs. 

Lol a CULT!  

All I was saying was that I wouldn't mind the extra draft capital from a trade down.

The most likely scenario is stick with #12 and pick BPA at position of need. Which in this case is a WR. I really like Lamb, so I want him at #12. And guess what??? He just happens to be the best fit for our QB. 

Since we don't know what Mayock is going to do, it becomes possible that Mayock could trade down even from #12.... And I would be ok with that. Especially for the extra draft picks.  

15 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

All I was saying was that I wouldn't mind the extra draft capital from a trade down.

The most likely scenario is stick with #12 and pick BPA at position of need. Which in this case is a WR. I really like Lamb, so I want him at #12. And guess what??? He just happens to be the best fit for our QB. 

Since we don't know what Mayock is going to do, it becomes possible that Mayock could trade down even from #12.... And I would be ok with that. Especially for the extra draft picks.  

If we trade down from 12 where do you the target team/pick to be?  What would we be looking at for trading down? And who do we target there?

i Think it’d have to be a very nice package to get us to give up on Lamb/Jeudy.... unless we only move down a few picks and can get the 2nd WR off the Board or Ruggs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

If we trade down from 12 where do you the target team/pick to be?  What would we be looking at for trading down? And who do we target there?

i Think it’d have to be a very nice package to get us to give up on Lamb/Jeudy.... unless we only move down a few picks and can get the 2nd WR off the Board or Ruggs.

I like the bolded option, but I doubt it will happen. 

It would have to be a team that fell in love with one of the top 2. Not sure who that is. Maybe Eagles. 

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I just find it odd every Carr hater is anti WR@12.  If it was one or two guys who just really like Derrick Brown a lot I wouldn’t have noticed this trend.

but what are the odds that every Carr hater, after we get so many defensive FAs, is totally against a WR @ 12.

if Carr sucks that much wouldn’t it make sense to get him help with a good WR? 

maybe I’m glossing over mocks that people right or confusing people in my own head.... I’m just saying 

Your reaching. Wr is literally the deepest position in the draft. If an elite prospect drops to at 12 or we get a nice trade down from 12 you got to look at it. Honestly if lamb is gone. I wouldnt mind a trade down at all if price is right. Especially if you feel ruggs may still be available at 19 or your trade down spot. Jeudy doesnt move the needle for me the way Lamb do.

21 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Careful the pro-Carr cult may pull you in nf brainwash you!  
do not drink the kool aid bro!

ive has a group of me and 4-5 guys labeled a security risk group but not a cult lol 

Not pro or con on #4.  I just want a QB to help us win

22 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Careful the pro-Carr cult may pull you in nf brainwash you!  
do not drink the kool aid bro!

ive has a group of me and 4-5 guys labeled a security risk group but not a cult lol 

One of us...ONE of Us...ONE OF US!!!   

• Like 1

We scored a lot in FA.  I don't know what our needs are at this point but I know we want a first class wide receiver.  They say the draft is flush with WR's.  Will we get one of the two who are hot commodities; Juedy or CeeDee Lamb.  They could be taken before we get our shot.  If that's the case we should trade one of those 1st round picks.  I know Mayock knows good prospects further down the ladder.

• Like 1

Top CB's ranking on Fanspeak...

5 CB  JEFFREY OKUDAH - OHIO STATE
17 CB  CJ HENDERSON - FLORIDA
23 CB  TREVON DIGGS - ALABAMA
31 CB  JEFF GLADNEY - TCU
37 CB  DAMON ARNETTE - OHIO STATE
39 CB  KRISTIAN FULTON - LSU
46 CB  A.J. TERRELL - CLEMSON
67 CB  BRYCE HALL - VIRGINIA
72 CB  CAMERON DANTZLER - MISSISSIPPI STATE
77 CB  MICHAEL OJEMUDIA - IOWA
82 CB  NOAH IGBINOGHENE - AUBURN
89 CB  JAYLON JOHNSON - UTAH
103 CB  LAMAR JACKSON - NEBRASKA
106 CB  DARNAY HOLMES - UCLA
122 CB  AMIK ROBERTSON - LOUISIANA TECH
123 CB  DANE JACKSON - PITTSBURGH
128 CB  KINDLE VILDOR - GEORGIA SOUTHERN
132 CB  TROY PRIDE JR. - NOTRE DAME

I really like late 1st early 2nd for Terrell, Gladney and Johnson a little later in 2nd. Double dip late 3rd if Amik, Noah, Pride or Dantzler are there. Come on INDY give up 34/44 otherwise I'll keep OCDing and hunt you down...   =)
  • Like 1

Did this draft on Fanspeak and almost took Tua at 12. At 19 it was a no brainer and I'd think Indy would easily give us 32/44/75 for Tua. Here's what I did and replacing Tua at 34 was DE Epensa at 44 S Delpit and 75 C/G Biadasz...Here was how it fell otherwise..

LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
YOUR PICKS
1: R1P12

WR HENRY RUGGS III
ALABAMA
2: R1P19

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
ALABAMA
3: R3P16

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE
4: R3P17

CB NOAH IGBINOGHENE
AUBURN
5: R3P27

DL ROSS BLACKLOCK
TCU
6: R4P15

LB TROY DYE
OREGON
7: R5P13

G SOLOMON KINDL

OCD is a hell of a drug. LOL  
Edited by G

56 minutes ago, G said:

Did this draft on Fanspeak and almost took Tua at 12. At 19 it was a no brainer and I'd think Indy would easily give us 32/44/75 for Tua. Here's what I did and replacing Tua at 34 was DE Epensa at 44 S Delpit and 75 C/G Biadasz...Here was how it fell otherwise..

LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
YOUR PICKS
1: R1P12

WR HENRY RUGGS III
ALABAMA
2: R1P19

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
ALABAMA
3: R3P16

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE
4: R3P17

CB NOAH IGBINOGHENE
AUBURN
5: R3P27

DL ROSS BLACKLOCK
TCU
6: R4P15

LB TROY DYE
OREGON
7: R5P13

G SOLOMON KINDL

OCD is a hell of a drug. LOL  

You got some steals in that draft!

i like idea of drafting a Guard like Kindley, or Simpson, Lemieux, Hunt, Stenberg, Jonah Jackson) in rounds 3-5.  Even if Jackson stays this year, which is up in the air at the moment, we need to bring in depth (not sure Kush is the answer- at best he’s depth Incase we don’t get to draft one this year).  But it’d be a good time to draft a future starter to replace Jackson and/or Incognito next year.

i like Harrison as a SAM or even MIKE for us.  Dye will be a good WILL: has coverage skills.  But I don’t think he’s that high tackle count chase WILL.  I see him as an above average starter but will always lack some important aspects of the position.  Overall, I like both of them though as mid round Picks.

blacklock will probably go before 45.  That’s a great value.

• Like 1