Jets Sign CB Pierre Desir

KingOfNewYork

3 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Is Desir any good?  Seems injury prone 

He’s a good 2nd option at CB, which was what we all thought we’d get in FA. Byron Jones was the only guy that was going to really make a HUGE difference for this secondary. I’d like to see us still bring in a younger guy like Darby now.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Smart teams don't over spend on CBs. Find bargains. Pass rush is more important. But find guys who aren't liabilities in the secondary who are solid. 

Agreed 100% paying CBs huge money is a sucker move that we always fall for. 

• Like 1

I was hoping for a stop gap at corner and JD delivered. Scratch Jimmy Smith off my wish list. Three more pieces left: Robby and Dorsett plus the big one (Yannick). I truly believe things are lining up for us to trade for him. Once Clowney signs with Seattle, I think it’ll happen.

This does not do that much for me. I think he will be fighting it out with other guys. I think you guys are over rating him. I put him on a CB 3 or 4. I don't see him as a 1 or 2 CB. I think we will draft a CB in the 4-5 round and he will have to fight him and another late FA add to make the team. 

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This does not do that much for me. I think he will be fighting it out with other guys. I think you guys are over rating him. I put him on a CB 3 or 4. I don't see him as a 1 or 2 CB. I think we will draft a CB in the 4-5 round and he will have to fight him and another late FA add to make the team. 

We were lacking in talent all over the place. We need guys who we can at least trust to start. The impact guys are going to have to come from the draft or via trade. We are still lacking at WR and Edge. And we probably need 2 impact guys on offense and 1 impact guy on defense before we can start to excited.